Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDP Yoga, anyone on it?

Options
  • 13-04-2013 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

I want to find out more about ddp yoga, but want to hear from genuine experiences off any of you guys rather than just take it at its word.

I know great things have been done by jake and razor with it, but i'm sure being present in the same house as the man gets a personalised regime.

What was the process like of getting into it and what are your thoughts on it?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Me and my gut are very interested in this...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Haven't tried it but it sure looks the part. It appears to focus on muscle endurance and strength.

If you head to the gym and try to lift heavy weight you can hurt yourself pretty fast - muscle damage, joint damage. Simply because you can find momentum to 'move' a weight you shouldn't be lifting. Lots of people do bodybuilding exercises that are a waste of time unless your bodybuilding!

From what I have seen of DDPs workout he does things slowly, no momentum, so it will work the muscle hard rather than working joints as i mention above. Also looks like it gets you working multiple muscles at once.

I'm keen to hear about the results people have got as I am looking at something to do at the weekend at home (The gym I go to during the week is beside work but 90kms away from home)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Being doing it for months it's low impact can be done at home and shows results in very little time,Defines and strengthens muscles like biceps calves and core,can be adjusted to fit various levels aswell

Not sure how it works for weight loss personally as I had already lost 8 and a half stone when I started it by walking so I switched to it to keep weight down after walking got boring,I have since gained a stone (13 up to 14) since but the weight gained can be attributed to the gain of muscle I'd say

It can give you a gym type look if you stick with it without gym hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

EdK wrote: »
    I had already lost 8 and a half stone when I started it by walking

Fair. Fcuking. Play!

CMpunked wrote: »
    Fair. Fcuking. Play!

Thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks

I'm not even joking (just incase it sounds like i am).
    How long did it take you?

I'm not even joking (just incase it sounds like i am).
    How long did it take you?

Didnt think that at all,it took 8 1/2-9 months

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You lost a stone a month!!! WOW seriously WOW! Well done!

And all you done was walk?

And all you done was walk?

Yeah a lot and cut out crap was about it

• Advertisement

lockie1983 wrote: »
    You lost a stone a month!!! WOW seriously WOW! Well done!

Thank you needed to be done and just wished it was sooner

I love the thread title, sounds like DDP Yoga is some sort of magic fitness drug!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I love the thread title, sounds like DDP Yoga is some sort of magic fitness drug!

DDP is supplying drugs? :O
    Jesus don't tell Scott or Jake!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I've lost weight before by simply cutting out crap food, but that was like half a stone. Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I do it, find its great for flexbility, I work in an office so when you sit on your ass for 8hrs a day you need something to work out the kinks and tone up, really enjoying it so far.

Yeah a lot and cut out crap was about it

So what one of ddps programs did you do following?
    krudler wrote: »
    I do it, find its great for flexbility, I work in an office so when you sit on your ass for 8hrs a day you need something to work out the kinks and tone up, really enjoying it so far.

How long have you been doing it, krudler?

So what one of ddps programs did you do following?

How long have you been doing it, krudler?

Mainly stick to the long ones like diamond cutter and put red hot core at the end of what ever I do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I do it to compliment my Jiu Jitsu and lifting. It's good fun, and it's great for flexibility!

Eh nearly 2 months now? give or take, the workouts are for different things, one is for building strenght/muscle, another for toning, another for your core etc. there's a 12 minute abs one i do at the end and thats good, I find doing crunches and situps hurt my back but its a good alternative, you'll be really feeling it the next day. Having the yoga positions and moves renamed to be wrestling related is a cool touch.

And that's not a bad thing....

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    EI find doing crunches and situps hurt my back

Never do sit ups, do planks and the like... Sit ups will mess up your spine.

So which one have all you guys got out of these?

https://www.store.ddpyoga.com/

I don't expect this to be a one shot thing, i'm not stupid, its not a "Do this and your weight will drop off and you will gain mass of muscle enough to take down a sow all while still eating take aways every night and chocolate." But I would like to see what it can do in complementary to what I'm doing at the moment.

Crunches/sit ups should be avoided in general but especially for anyone starting out. Most people do them wrong.

Can anyone give a good idea of what execrcises are in the programme? Are they simply the type of body weight exercises you would see can find easy enough on you tube but put into a routine so you know what exercises work well together?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

This is what DDP yoga can do:

Normally I am cynical when it comes to viewing what a 'product' can do for you but this seems 100% legit. It's amazing what his Yoga can do.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Crunches/sit ups should be avoided in general but especially for anyone starting out. Most people do them wrong.

Can anyone give a good idea of what execrcises are in the programme? Are they simply the type of body weight exercises you would see can find easy enough on you tube but put into a routine so you know what exercises work well together?

Here's some short clips of it

and hey, Chris Jericho does it

It's why his chest looks like it does at the mo, which I hope doesn't happen mine tbh lol

I just posted a photo that actually now makes me quite sick but if it helps inspire anyone to become healthier it will be worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

That's unbelievable EdK.

Fair play to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I just posted a photo that actually now makes me quite sick but if it helps inspire anyone to become healthier it will be worth it

A different man!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    A different man!

Sure am no question,form an orderly queue ladies

* Realises a pro wrestling forum may not be the best place for a personal ad haha

• Advertisement

Again, well done Edk!
    You wouldnt believe how much thats encouraged me tonight. :)

Advertisement