Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDP Yoga, anyone on it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Andy_rse wrote: »
    I jumped right in and bought the whole package, I'm determined to do the forearm stand thing (forget it's name) by the end of the year. To be fair though there's plenty in the first pack to keep you going for a while, 6 workouts including a tutorial on the main moves, a 20 min workout to get you going, lower body workout, core workout and a 50 min workout that looks killer.

What ever you get it will keep you busy.

Just got pack 1 in the end. Booked electric pic and paid property tax today too so don't think my credit card could take the full pounding! :)

Saw that forearm stand in the extreme promo... :pac: Probably just as well I didn't get that one, I'd break my neck trying it!!
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    How much is it for a beginner package?does it help improve stamina?im really thinking of buying it

Just ordered that pack. €74 including postage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Andy_rse wrote: »
    I jumped right in and bought the whole package, I'm determined to do the forearm stand thing (forget it's name) by the end of the year. To be fair though there's plenty in the first pack to keep you going for a while, 6 workouts including a tutorial on the main moves, a 20 min workout to get you going, lower body workout, core workout and a 50 min workout that looks killer.

What ever you get it will keep you busy.

Black crow? If you try it every time it gets easier can do it for around 3 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

EdK wrote: »
    Black crow? If you try it every time it gets easier can do it for around 3 seconds

That's the one. Like the way he breaks it down so you can build up to it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, I've had to book an appointment with the doc tomorrow. Threw my back out badly last Thursday doing one of the moves and need something stronger than panadols which aren't working now.

Before that though, it was going great. And I can't wait to get back on it. 3 pounds dropped in 3 weeks so at least there was some moveement in my weight :P Will be back on it once I can walk again :P

Damn, sorry to hear that!

What move were you doing?

I'm still loving it and the scale is heading in the right direction. Love those slow burn push ups. Killer!

• Advertisement

The one where you start in table position, then lift one leg and the opposite arm. I always struggle with balance on it, but whatever way I did it, I twisted awkwardly.

I had a bad pain all day Thursday and Friday, and it was easing off over the weekend, but has taken off again today. Just a bad muscle pain spread out over my lower-left back. :(

Sounds nasty. Broken table - broken back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I've starting DDP Yoga, now about two weeks into it. Tried the Diamond Cutter workout, the whole hour one. Was effing and blinding about the 40 minute mark at how relentless it seemed to be. Be keeping at it though

And yes, i'd recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Only one week in myself but I'm loving it. Have dropped 4 pounds off the beer belly (but that includes a major change in my diet too!!) Not looking to lose bags of weight, just the belly and to tone everything else up and build better fitness/flexibility. Have only done Diamond Dozen and Energy so far but delighted with the results. Got a heart monitor in argos over the weekend to see how I was going and was chuffed to see my heart rate hit the 140's during the Energy workout.

Totally recommend! Bang! :)

I've starting DDP Yoga, now about two weeks into it. Tried the Diamond Cutter workout, the whole hour one. Was effing and blinding about the 40 minute mark at how relentless it seemed to be. Be keeping at it though

And yes, i'd recommend it

Jaysus, the most extreme I've gotten is "Energy/Red Hot Core". Even that can leave me feeling like I've run a marathon. Not even looking at the Cutter work out for a while :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mine arrived yesterday. Might be a few weeks before I get starting it though. Might be a stupid question but how noisy is it? Basically I'm hoping to move into a new apartment but I'd be worried about doing stuff which will cause too much noise for the people below me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Penn wrote: »
    Mine arrived yesterday. Might be a few weeks before I get starting it though. Might be a stupid question but how noisy is it? Basically I'm hoping to move into a new apartment but I'd be worried about doing stuff which will cause too much noise for the people below me.

Youll be fine. You dont exactly jump around the place. Biggest noise will be if you fall over :pac: (It can happen :o )

I love it. Keeps me busy on my off days and DDPs enthusiasm is addictive

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Where did you all start? Beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Jaysus, the most extreme I've gotten is "Energy/Red Hot Core". Even that can leave me feeling like I've run a marathon. Not even looking at the Cutter work out for a while :P

You should go for the fat burner one when you're back at it. It's a nice step up from energy without being bewildering, just a bit more fast paced and a bit more emphasis on the push ups. You really notice a difference in strength after a few goes. Watch yourself on the broken table crunches though!

Think I'll attempt my first diamond cutter on Thursday eek!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Where did you all start? Beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Beginner for me. The first ones a tough enough and make you get a sweat on unless of course you're a fitness buff!

As for the question about the noise, the biggest noise I make is collapsing onto the floor after holding a plank for 10 seconds! The only other slight bit of noise anyone would make in it is a bit where you're in like a push up position and you jump forward into a squatting position but you can just step forward instead of jumping.

The plan was to do the fat burner one on Friday gone, but obviously those plans went out the window with my back.

Jesus, tomorrow's appointment can't come quick enough. Painkillers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

not completely down to DDP Yoga but a main part of it is thanks to it - but I have dropped 2 stone and gone from 26% to 12% body fay - I am loving DDP Yoga, Diamond cutter still kicks my ass......roll on later on! (although I'll probably only be able to manage a red hot core as I am stiff as a board today!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

not completely down to DDP Yoga but a main part of it is thanks to it - but I have dropped 2 stone and gone from 26% to 12% body fay - I am loving DDP Yoga, Diamond cutter still kicks my ass......roll on later on! (although I'll probably only be able to manage a red hot core as I am stiff as a board today!)

How long did it take to drop that weight games? Fair play thats some going!

How long did it take to drop that weight games? Fair play thats some going!

Thanks! I was 13 stone 8 early December, as of Monday last week I am 12 stone 5! (the bodyfat % is the main thing for me too!)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Penn wrote: »

You dont move about much tbh, there's no jumping jacks or anything in it its all muscle tightening stretches and using your own weight as eh..weight. So you're not going to be pounding the floorboards. the very first move you learn is simply tightening everything from your feet up then stretching your arms above your head, you'd be amazed how much your heartrate will go up doing even that.

I got really lazy the past few weeks so started it again the other night, forgot how good it feels afterwards, I do strenght builder/red hot core and it feels good having your stomach all tight the next day

• Advertisement

Well, apparently I'm not to go near it now for 10 days :(

Upside, I'VE GOT VALIUM NOW! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I've also got tranqs fnight time th.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, apparently I'm not to go near it now for 10 days :(

Upside, I'VE GOT VALIUM NOW! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I've also got tranqs fnight time th.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Expecting some off the wall posting from TSC in the next few weeks.

My brother had one set of the tablets before and suffered hallucinations.

I've got them now, AND two others. When I went into the chemist and handed the woman the perscription, she looked at me and went "All of them? Jesus..." and walked off. :D

My brother had one set of the tablets before and suffered hallucinations.

I've got them now, AND two others. When I went into the chemist and handed the woman the perscription, she looked at me and went "All of them? Jesus..." and walked off. :D

"Honestly baby I can prescribe anything!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Started this properly myself the other day.

I'm combining this with the couch to 5k program, alternating days with Sundays off.

I've decided that I know best and have ignored DDPs workout schedule. What I have done is combined "Energy" with "Red hot core". Can get through Energy ok (its challenging but I can make a good attempt at all the moves) but red hot core is murdering me, the bit where you grab your big toes is tough as hell and I can't really do it. When you have something you can't do do you just make your best go at it each time and you'll get there eventually? Or is red hot core too advanced for me to start off with?

What do people think of combining those two DDP yoga workouts? I'm looking for a good workout to build muscle/tone up all over. Routine is key for me so I don't like the idea of shifting and chopping workouts. Plan was to do those two until I get good/they get less challenging, then move onto one of DDPs hour long ones, Diamond Cutter or whatever it's called. What you guys make of this plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

the bit where you grab your big toes is tough as hell and I can't really do it.

Ya I cant do that at all. I keep falling over.

My balance is terrible anyways, me grabbing my big toes while sitting down is a recipe for disaster.

Just stick with it - as dallas says "breathe into it" - work a bit more on straightening just one leg at a time and then go for the jackknife - and dont feel too bad if you have to lean back to get your legs extended as you grab the ball - have a look at 2 of DDP's team YRG memebers - they both fall over and they clearly have been doing it alot longer! stick with it!

Did diamond cutter yesterday - definitely geting easier - even though I am still properly sweating and getting a great all round work out - going home at lunch to do stand up - really looking forward to it - is that weird? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

well after running out of excuses, and seeing everyone else here doing it - i finally bit the bullet and ordered it the other day, went for the max pack so we'll see how it goes.

really looking forward to it - is that weird? :pac:

Haha, I'm the same. Back is nearly healed up now, and I really want to get back doing it. :pac:

I've missed Arthur.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

ayatollah wrote: »
    well after running out of excuses, and seeing everyone else here doing it - i finally bit the bullet and ordered it the other day, went for the max pack so we'll see how it goes.

Good man yourself

Advertisement