Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDP Yoga, anyone on it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Made my return to DDP Yoga after over 3 weeks out with a fractured finger,it feels good to be back,Bang!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

It looks like you have to follow the diet if you want weight loss, I do but I also want flexibility just as much.
    If there's a diet to go with it I'd appreciate if someone could send it on, have nothing with mine.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    If there's a diet to go with it I'd appreciate if someone could send it on, have nothing with mine.
    Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Anyone?

its in your instruction manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Its in the book that came with the discs, did you not get one when you bought them?

• Advertisement

Got it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

PAGE MEETS PAIGE

BZtEWVHCAAExUYV.jpg

DDP was down at the WWE Performance Centre today teaching his Yoga.

Wouldn't surprised if DDP goes in the WWE Hall of Fame this year or next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

If he keeps jake and Scott clean he deserves it!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    If he keeps jake and Scott clean he deserves it!

No doubt.

I am not one who stresses about who DESERVES to be in the WWE Hall of Fame as it is a feel good corporate tool IMO.

His induction will get a fair amount of opposition internally in WWE and among fellow Hall of Famers. Page used to get absolutely slated on WWE DVDs. Mainly due to the fact he is regarded by some as the least deserving WCW Champion outside of David Arquette and Vince Russo obviously. They presented Page's WCW title win as the point the belt didn't mean anything. Ric Flair was probably the most vocal on that view.

EDIT: In another example of some of the weirdness that goes on re: the WWE Hall of Fame apparently during one of the UK Wolfpac Q&As Kevin Nash said that Edge's induction proves that the WWE Hall of Fame doesn't mean anything.

How much does Donald trump deserve too be in there?

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    How much does Donald trump deserve too be in there?

In the celebrity wing? Tonnes. Wrestlemania 23 was an enormous success.

I know what you are saying. Just stating Wrestlers have funny ways of judging other Wrestlers. Bret Hart thinks Ric Flair is no good etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Don't know if this was already posted but

the former Awesome Kong/Kharma is on DDP Yoga and this is the result

BXxqWiDIYAAxnR2.jpg

Don't know if this was already posted but

the former Awesome Kong/Kharma is on DDP Yoga and this is the result

BXxqWiDIYAAxnR2.jpg
    Was posted but thats some weight loss!

rovert wrote: »
    In the celebrity wing? Tonnes. Wrestlemania 23 was an enormous success.

I know what you are saying. Just stating Wrestlers have funny ways of judging other Wrestlers. Bret Hart thinks Ric Flair is no good etc.

My reply will take about 15 mins too type on my phone n I'm drunk so sory man well get into this another time

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Hey folks,

Thinking about starting into this. Quick question, how long do you need to put aside per day/week for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

For the first month, if you follow his plan, your looking at half an hour 3 times a week, a 20 odd min workout followed by a 10 core workout if you choose to, then it increases to 4 days with optional 5th day workouts. It offers flexibility, if you can't do it one day then just do it the next or when you can.

The various workouts range from 10 mins to about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I totally ignored the workout plan, way too slow, just do whatever you want to do!

I wrote an article on DDP yoga for Krank which should be live tomorrow, I'll post it here when it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I totally ignored the workout plan, way too slow, just do whatever you want to do!

I wrote an article on DDP yoga for Krank which should be live tomorrow, I'll post it here when it is!

Same I found some of the plans were like you did nothing when you were finished. I must get back into it, found it did my neck and shoulders wonders, I work in an office so tend to sit hunched up, felt a ton of relief from stretching out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

krudler wrote: »
    Same I found some of the plans were like you did nothing when you were finished. I must get back into it, found it did my neck and shoulders wonders, I work in an office so tend to sit hunched up, felt a ton of relief from stretching out.

Remember the basic/beginner plan would be aimed at Americans, some of whom are extremely unfit/overweight

I was doing DDP for a good while (starting it again in the morning actually) until an unrelated injury before xmas, what I did was knock out one of the 1/2 hour workouts (fat burner usually) first thing every weekday morning and do the longer ones at the weekend. Worked very well for me.

Most important thing is your diet though.

As promised, here is my article on DDP Yoga:

http://www.krank.ie/category/lifestyle/ddp-yoga/

give it a look see if you want! Would love to hear opinions etc!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Most important thing is your diet though.

I recommended the keto diet to anyone reading this. Its worked wonders for me over the past year or so. You basically cut out majority of carbs(sugar) from your diet. Stuff like bread, pasta, milk, sweets etc.

I tried the DDP yoga diet and it didn't do much for me to be honest, but I'd imagine if its working well for you, then teaming it up with the keto diet would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Broken Strings

I'm starting this later on this evening. I'm not using the latest version though, I think he revamps the dvd's every so often and this one is from 2010 (Someone gave me a copy). Can anyone tell me if there would be much difference?

I'm 319lbs, female and fairly active despite my weight. I've been continuously gaining weight for the past 8 years but managed to plateau since september by changing my eating habits (which is better than gaining), now I want to start the serious weight loss process as I have a wedding abroad later this year. I'll be doing DDP yoga and I also have weights (small ones only 0.5 - 2KG to start with). I'd like to step it up and do more walking/running etc eventually, but due to my weight at the moment it will really put pressure on my joints if I go hard at it straight away, that's why I thought the ddp yoga would be the best thing to start with and build myself up. I will take this seriously because I have a bit of support this time around which I have lacked int he past.

The combined low calorie diet with doing this 5-6 times a week, what can I expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Deshi Basara

The biggest factor on your weight loss will be your diet. Since you haven't provided any real info on your food intake, i'll just give you some generalized advice.

More than anything, you need to cut out most wheat/grains/gluten. Bread,pasta,cereals etc are gut irritants, cause bloating and can effect digestion. My personal advice would be to focus on eating primarily proteins & healthy fats. Get your carbs & fibre from green veg. Don't focus on "low calorie" diets. Calories aren't the enemy, all a calorie is is a unit of energy. You just need to re-adjust your intake to your activity level.

As for DDP Yoga itself - i've found it incredibly helpful for increasing mobility, flexibility and reducing aches while inactive. I think it'll be a very good starting point for increasing your stability and ability to move. But after 4-6 weeks, you should look into a slightly more resistance based program. If you're against joining a gym, you can get stuff done at home using your weights & bodyweight exercises. Squatting, lunging, pushups, planking, burpees etc, will all help greatly toward your goals. Try seperate them into sets/reps rather than saying "i'll do 30 squats in a row". Do 5 sets of 10 squats over 10 minutes etc.

I will say this - don't lean too hard on the intensity at first. Try get a decent bit of exercise in most of the days in the week and you'll see results as time goes on. If you push too hard too fast, you'll burn out.

DDP yoga is a great way to begin though. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

If your serious about weight loss; on the exercise part, you will need to compliment this DDP yoga with regular walking/jogging/cycling to see good results. I found DDP yoga to a bit of stall and overly complicated for the results it was giving personally on its own.

Also install my fitness pal app on your phone and track your food intake for a few months, and cut your calorie intake to approx 1700 a day (im a man, 6ft 1", 220 pounds and get by on about 1300 calories daily perfectly fine). I eat LOADS of fibre rich food and lots of chicken and veg. Stuff like kiwis are a great snack at night also. Full of fibre and vitamins, and low calories. You need to track calories for good weight loss.

Its simple maths.

Calories in < calories used

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just attempted the Strength Builder work-out from this for the first time. Much tougher than I expected! I feel fantastic after it though. Reckon I'll try the Fat Burner tomorrow and see if I like that one too.

You did strength builder before fat burner?! mad man!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You did strength builder before fat burner?! mad man!

I'm in relatively good shape already. Carrying a stone more than I need, admittedly, but still fairly fit. :) I'm not following a plan yet so doing the work-outs at random suits me for the time being. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

On this 4 weeks doing 4 sessions a week, with some cardio thrown in for good measure. My range of motion has improved so much. Beginning to lose weight also which is difficult for me, generally, with my body type/sports, but honestly have never felt better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

I was doing this for over a month before getting a heart monitor. When I got the heart monitor I realised I hadnt been engaging right and wasnt getting my heart rate consistently in 'the zone'. Big difference having the monitor. A workout like 'Fat Burner' was now twice as hard when I was focused on getting my heart rate in the right zone and knew when I wasnt engaging.
    So my two cents - heart monitor is a must!

• Advertisement

Red Hot Core followed by Energy today. Serious work-out.

Still haven't got around to trying the Fat Burner. Maybe Monday.

Advertisement