Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDP Yoga, anyone on it?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

veganrun wrote: »
    Let us know when it arrives. Sounds like we both ordered around the same time.

This can't arrive soon enough for me. I really need to get in shape and lose some weight. I know I need to adjust my diet mainly, but I need to start doing some exercise and my knees aren't the best at times (due to my weight) so hopefully this will help.

Will do. I have a bad left knee form an old injury so im looking forward to getting started to. I think some have said here they got it after a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

For the guys just ordering, if you read back you'll see a heart rate monitor is pretty essential and has to be one with the chest monitor.

I don't know anything about them but there's a couple in Lidl next Monday(2nd March) for around €20. One connects to your smartphone and the other comes with a watch. Not sure if they're any good but someone in here might know more about them.

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=419

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

tvercetti wrote: »
    For the guys just ordering, if you read back you'll see a heart rate monitor is pretty essential and has to be one with the chest monitor.

I don't know anything about them but there's a couple in Lidl next Monday(2nd March) for around €20. One connects to your smartphone and the other comes with a watch. Not sure if they're any good but someone in here might know more about them.

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=419

Thanks. I actually just picked one up in Argos yesterday, was €51 with the chest strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I got the watch one with chest strap in Lidl last year and it works pretty well, of course was only 14.99 back then...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I just bought the whole shebang off ddps site. Thinking being if I spent this much money on it it's that extra incentive to keep going, ordered it after reading the diet page so thanks for that guys.
    Looking forward to doing it need to get fitter (even though i wouldnt be considered really unfit) I'm a bit over weight and mainly I need the diet but I'm always looking for that extra bit so will do the excersies as well. With a dodgy hip and dodgy shoulders and elbows low impact is the perfect thing for me rather than football on Wednesdays.

• Advertisement

Do you have to do the workouts in order? The fat burner seems the one that I'm most interested in initially. Can I just do that each day/2nd day?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd stick with the plan, especially if you are only starting out. Can't remember the names off hand but I found there was a pretty steep curve between the first two and the third workout, so best to get a hang of the basics.

You will also feel the benefits of the initial position/workouts. I use them before playing football and it's good for stretching the muscles.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You will also feel the benefits of the initial position/workouts. I use them before playing football and it's good for stretching the muscles.

I've been doing the same thing for the last season. Got a few funny looks doing Cat Lift and Cat Arch the first time but the lads reckon I know what I'm doing at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

An File wrote: »
    I've been doing the same thing for the last season. Got a few funny looks doing Cat Lift and Cat Arch the first time but the lads reckon I know what I'm doing at this stage!

:D

Exact same, but it's worth the initial slagging.

Let us know when it arrives. Sounds like we both ordered around the same time.

This can't arrive soon enough for me. I really need to get in shape and lose some weight. I know I need to adjust my diet mainly, but I need to start doing some exercise and my knees aren't the best at times (due to my weight) so hopefully this will help.

Got a dispatch email last night

• Advertisement

Tugboats wrote: »
    Got a dispatch email last night

I got a dispatch email last week with a tracking number but no obvious website to track the package on. Tried searching their website and online for international couriers that they use but no luck. :confused:

I got a dispatch email last week with a tracking number but no obvious website to track the package on. Tried searching their website and online for international couriers that they use but no luck. :confused:

ya i noticed that. I tried in on ups and fedx and it didnt work

This can't arrive soon enough. Am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

The delivery status hasn't changed for a week either which is more than a tad annoying! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Just to keep you guys updated I got my package today. Think I ordered about the same time as you guys so hopefully it arrives for you soon.

Mine arrived too today. About 2 weeks in total it took.

Mine arrived too today. About 2 weeks in total it took.

you ordered a week before me so I guess it will be next week for me. No custom tax i take it?

you ordered a week before me so I guess it will be next week for me. No custom tax i take it?

Nope, no customs charges for me.

Just tried the first disc in my blu-ray player, it played fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Hey guys I'm starting this this week and just wondering if the aldi heart rate monitor for 16.99 is good enough or if I should spend a bit more on one? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm starting this this week and just wondering if the aldi heart rate monitor for 16.99 is good enough or if I should spend a bit more on one? Thanks

I'm using a lidl 14.99 one and it's grand, does sometimes take a minute or two to pick up my heart rate initially but after that it's perfect.

• Advertisement

do you really need a heart monitior?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

do you really need a heart monitior?

You'd be surprised how far under the required effort you'd be without one. 'engaging' properly is hard-core

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Aldi don't seem to be stocking heart rate monitors at the moment so could any of you guys recommend a decent cheap monitor please? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Aldi don't seem to be stocking heart rate monitors at the moment so could any of you guys recommend a decent cheap monitor please? Thanks.

Is there a Lidl near you? They had them last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭briany

Just started the program on Monday there. Was thinking the Diamond Dozen wasn't so bad, got my pulse up and all but nothing high impact. Was wondering what all the fuss was about up until today when I did Energy for the first time. Let's just say I had to hit pause more than once. It's still a low impact workout, I think, it's just you do have to listen to your body as DDP says. In DD, he's going through the moves one at a time, but in Energy it's basically like a live workout going from one position to the next with a couple of breaks in the 20 minute or so sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I got my DDP Pack in January but haven't started it yet I've a real bad junk food and sugar addiction problem

Haven't started myself yet. Hoping to start this Monday.

Hope mine arrives soon it's been 2 weeks today

For those of you who've started this, do you just go straight into the diamond dozen or do you need to do other stuff first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭briany

For those of you who've started this, do you just go straight into the diamond dozen or do you need to do other stuff first?

If you have the 'breathing' video, do that first. It's just a short video on the proper technique which is supposedly pretty important to the whole endeavour, but even if you don't have it, it's mainly about taking deep breaths that fill your diaphragm. On the 'Energy' workout, DDP suggests that you maybe should have spent some time really mastering the material covered in the Diamond Dozen before starting the 'Energy' workout to really maximise what you get out of the subsequent workouts, so it might be worth just breaking down the Diamond Dozen and working that for as long as you need to really feel like you have the techniques down before moving into the workout plan proper. Just a suggestion. I didn't do this, but am going through the Diamond Dozen at a gentle almost non-workout pace on the off days just to try and get stuff down a bit more.

Advertisement