Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sligo vs Cork live on RTE 3:55

• 13-04-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

Hoping for Cork can take something off Sligo. I really don't want to see them running away with it.

Big crowd despite it being on the tele. Pitch looks good although there seems to be a bit of wind!

Sligo:
    Gary Rogers (G)
    Alan Keane (D)
    Jeff Henderson (D)
    Ross Gaynor (D)
    Evan McMillan (D)
    Lee Lynch (M)
    Raffaele Cretaro (M)
    Ryan Connolly (M)
    David Cawley (M)
    Aaron Greene (F)
    Anthony Elding (F)

Cork:
    Mark McNulty (G)
    Kalen Spillane (D)
    Danny Murphy (D)
    John Dunleavy (D)
    Garry Buckley (D)
    Adam Rundle (M)
    Gearóid Morrissey (M)
    Daryl Horgan (M)
    Colin Healy (M)
    Shane Duggan (M)
    Denis Behan (F)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Commentators just said Cork City stayed in Galway last night. I was thinking the Cork City no. 23 looked familiar.
    I'm almost sure he was up in Drom last night watching the Salthill game. I remember thinking to myself that he looked like James McClean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Daryl Horgan. Absolute ringer alright!

James McClean
    450821.jpg

Daryl Horgan
    59259247_mcclean.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Commentators just said Cork City stayed in Galway last night. I was thinking the Cork City no. 23 looked familiar.
    I'm almost sure he was up in Drom last night watching the Salthill game. I remember thinking to myself that he looked like James McClean.

That's Daryl Horgan. He's from Galway.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

1-0 Sligo. Would be happy to see Cork lose, keeps us closer to the mid table crowd.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Thought City did well in the 1st half without creating anything clearcut.

Kalen Spillane is still early in his career but you can't afford to make basic errors like he did today. Thought Gary Buckley looked very good next to him.

Sligo probably deserved the win but they were far from impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Cork were happy enough to sit back and let us attack.
    As has been said before. When we have out full squad for selection things will get interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Thought City did well in the 1st half without creating anything clearcut.

Kalen Spillane is still early in his career but you can't afford to make basic errors like he did today. Thought Gary Buckley looked very good next to him.

Sligo probably deserved the win but they were far from impressive.
    We don't need to be impressive. Just winning every game is enough.

Good to know Elding can take a penalty too. Though thought we should have had a few more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

True enough.

Makes it all the more galling seeing City be so sterile when Sligo didn't play as well as they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Actually thought Cork were the best side we've faced in terms of making things difficult for us. Was surprised they didn't go for it after they conceded. They came for nil nil but maybe didn't have a backup plan.

That keeper ye have is quality. Few very good saves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I was happy enough with how we played.

Up to the goal we were the better side, but Sligo been the team they are dont need to be at their best to win.

My only disappointment is that we were not more urgent and take gamble in last 15/20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Can't see anyone taking the title from Sligo

Advertisement