Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4s Voicemail

• 13-04-2013 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

When I used access the Voicemail tab or Visual Voicemail as its called on my 4s when I was with Vodafone it used automatically call my voicemail for me which was cool.

I changed over to 48 the other day and now it has stopped working. It now says cannot connect to Voicemail. The phone was bought sim free to begin with so its not some sort of Vodafone setting.

Anyone know a fix?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

dial *5005*86*your number#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

guil wrote: »
    dial *5005*86*your number#

My voicemail is 171 so would it be *5005*86*171# ?

that should work or else 08x 5 1234567

guil wrote: »
    that should work or else 08x 5 1234567

Ok Guil I tried the above and no luck.

I will try your other suggestion

So *5005*86*08x 5 1234567#

I am specifically putting in spaces in the above?

There's now ay to put the spaces in, you type it in to the dial screen

• Advertisement

Ok thanks, tried that and no luck either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Have you tried *5005*86*+3538x51234567#

Have you tried *5005*86*+3538x51234567#

Doesn't work either man, thanks anyway.

Herrick wrote: »
    When I used access the Voicemail tab or Visual Voicemail as its called on my 4s when I was with Vodafone it used automatically call my voicemail for me which was cool.

I changed over to 48 the other day and now it has stopped working. It now says cannot connect to Voicemail. The phone was bought sim free to begin with so its not some sort of Vodafone setting.

Anyone know a fix?
    Did you get this sorted out?

Did you get this sorted out?

No mate, tried eveything I could dig up and no lcuk.

• Advertisement

Maybe you should just email them (48).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Have you set up your 48 voicemail yet?

Try **5005*86*171#

Btw you have to press call/dial after you input those.

Sorry, for the constant messages, if you know anyone on 48 who does have it working, ask them to dial *#5005*86# to check what number they dial.

Then follow the instructions I wrote above and plug that number into the **5005*86*put number here#

Yes I have the actual 48 voicemail set-up and working fine and can get voicemail messages by dialling 171 as per normal.

I emailed 48 and explained the situation, the rep simply copied and pasted the voicemail set-up that I had already and got working and advised try that even though I stated I had that part working. Nothing about the Visual Voicemail from their end, I had specifically asked if my voicemail account had some sort of account number I might need but they didn't mention it. Maybe it just isn't supported on their network or they simply don't know either.

Yep brophs tried **5005*86*171# and I always press call and the screen kinda blinks for a split sec but it still hasn't connected.

brophs wrote: »
    Sorry, for the constant messages, if you know anyone on 48 who does have it working, ask them to dial *#5005*86# to check what number they dial.

Then follow the instructions I wrote above and plug that number into the **5005*86*put number here#

My friend has a 4s and is on Meteor and it works for him. I tried that code just out of interest to see what it displayed and pressed call, the screen flashed but that was it no code, nothing.

Starting to think maybe Apple changed the codes for the 4s and 5.

Herrick wrote: »
    My friend has a 4s and is on Meteor and it works for him. I tried that code just out of interest to see what it displayed and pressed call, the screen flashed but that was it no code, nothing.

Starting to think maybe Apple changed the codes for the 4s and 5.

That's because you have no voicemail number saved. If you did it would display the number last used when accessing voicemail.

Out of ideas, I'm afraid. I suspect the fact the codes don't work mean that 48's carrier file has disabled changing that setting. The best bet might just be to keep on badgering them.

Apparently some people have got it working by resetting and setting it up as a new iPhone and it worked. Strangely they also encountered this issue after having changed providers. I may give that a whirl when I change over to Tesco mobile in the coming months.

Actually in doing that does it mean I'd have to get a new Apple ID and not be able to sync any old data from the iCloud?

Advertisement