Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you get bitten what happens? they all have it yet carry on as normal..

• 13-04-2013 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hey Guys

Started into season 3. They all carry the virus. yet in season 3 episode 2 they call a prisoner becuase he was just bitten. he would turn into a walker. if they all have it how come they arent turning into walkers?

Alan

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

You got to die 1st, bitten you die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

You carry the virus while alive, not an issue.

When you die, the virus reanimates you, then you're dangerous.

If you're bitten by a walker they are so full of bacteria and disease that you will die from the infection from the bite and the virus will reanimate you.

There's no stopping it in a world with little medical knowledge and antibiotics left unless you go the Hershel route and lop off the affected limb in time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭allycavs

Jason Todd wrote: »
    You carry the virus while alive, not an issue.

When you die, the virus reanimates you, then you're dangerous.

If you're bitten by a walker they are so full of bacteria and disease that you will die from the infection from the bite and the virus will reanimate you.

There's no stopping it in a world with little medical knowledge and antibiotics left unless you go the Hershel route and lop off the affected limb in time. :D

That makes sense but how do they have the virus so if never bitten?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

allycavs wrote: »
    That makes sense but how do they have the virus so if never bitten?

I don't think the origin of the virus is known? In any case, it could be airborne, in the food supply or even in the water? Most likely airborne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

3rdDegree wrote: »
    I don't think the origin of the virus is known? In any case, it could be airborne, in the food supply or even in the water? Most likely airborne.

Im not a comic book reader so I dont know if they have ever explored the above in the comics.

The way I see it The Walking Dead is about life post apocalypse, not about finding out why it happened or how it happened - although I would like to see a bit more about that. But finding out that kind of stuff inevitably leads to questions about there being a cure or a place where people werent infected (say somewhere very isolated, very hot, very cold, very uninhabited) - which might be something they decide to explore later.

Although I am inclined to think that The Walking Deads days are numbered, its simply not consistently good enough to go for too many more seasons, so they may never explore more things about the virus itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

slightly off topic.............

1. watching Shaun of the dead - was it before or after the comics were written?

2. Luis Suarez must be a fan.........i'm joking obviously - what he did was disgusting.

Advertisement