Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Work Panel 2013

Options
  • 13-04-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,
    I have reciently applied for the upcoming social Work panel. I recieved an email last week stating that the next step is an automated 15 minute interview. I am apprehensive because the interview will not be live, three questions will be asked after which you are ranked into A, B, C etc categories. Candidates in the A category will first get face to face interviews after that category is exhaused B, C will follow.
    This is a competency based interview, I am wondering did anyone do the Social Work panel interview if so I will be graetful for any advice on what type of questions I should prepare for such an interview.
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Lady1984

Hi,
    I have reciently applied for the upcoming social Work panel. I recieved an email last week stating that the next step is an automated 15 minute interview. I am apprehensive because the interview will not be live, three questions will be asked after which you are ranked into A, B, C etc categories. Candidates in the A category will first get face to face interviews after that category is exhaused B, C will follow.
    This is a competency based interview, I am wondering did anyone do the Social Work panel interview if so I will be graetful for any advice on what type of questions I should prepare for such an interview.
    Thanks in advance :)

I've heard that questions have been on following

*supervision
    *risk assessment
    *working with client with mental health or brain injury
    *role if sw with child in care
    *assessment of client with complex needs

Hope this helps!

Anyone else have any feedback on what they were asked in video interview?

More q's for video interview

1. How you can support person with MH issues?
    2. The factors that you have to consider to assess a child...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mary bbbb smith

Thanks for that- it is a great help. Good Luck!1

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭*WKD*

They also gave a situation to react to on mine. I didn't expect it but they gave the scenario that my client has dimentia and her family have said money went missing from her bank ac and how do I deal with this????

hey,
    I got the email from the HSe notifiying to say that i got into cat B! Im disappointed, I wonder wil I get a face to face interview? Anyone have any thought on this?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure how long it will take for them to get to interview band b... Could be a couple of months or sooner if you are ranked high on band b you will prob be sooner. You should ring them tomorrow to ease your mind. Interviews are in first week in June so they might offer interviews after that.

Thanks for that, I think I wil ring them tomorrow to see what the sitution is!
    I hope I get an interview though before the year is out, you hear people being on the panel in the past for years, hopefully that wont be the case now that bands have being introduced??

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bonnie88

Hi does anyone know what the bands actually mean? like does band A mean you are on the panel and the interview is to assign a place or the interview is to get on the panel

and if your on band B, does that mean you cant get on the panel untill all of band A have jobs or untill all of band A have been assigned a place on the panel

Its all very confusing

I'm not sure either would love to know what the bands mean too? Anyone able to shed light on this?

The email I got from the HSe stating that I was in band B says that they will call band B for interview after Band a is unable to fill professionally qualified sw posts. I suppose that is aftter no one is left in the panel which was formed after the interviews with band a.
    What do ye think?

• Advertisement

The email I got from the HSe stating that I was in band B says that they will call band B for interview after Band a is unable to fill professionally qualified sw posts. I suppose that is aftter no one is left in the panel which was formed after the interviews with band a.
    What do ye think?

Ye that sounds about right so they will come back to band B if they don't get enought social workers from interviews from band A to fill the posts needed!! It's all a bit confusing but I think the way Mary b explained it is right. Fingers crossed for those in band b.

There are a number of social workers with current jobs going for panel to change location so if they take up posts there will be even more posts to fill!! Which looks good for those in band b.

But even if they fill posts with those from band a will they interview those in band b, c, and d when the need arises. Like, in previous panels there was 700 on the panel, like how many is in band a I wonder? Will they start another campagn without interviewin those in band b, c and d. Sorry for wreckin your head!

But even if they fill posts with those from band a will they interview those in band b, c, and d when the need arises. Like, in previous panels there was 700 on the panel, like how many is in band a I wonder? Will they start another campagn without interviewin those in band b, c and d. Sorry for wreckin your head!

Well I'd say good chance if band b getting interviewed at some stage before end of year but the other bands won't I would say and more than likely a new campaign would have to be done next year or year after depending on posts. But it's good you are in band b as there is a good possibility you will get an interview before end of year! To ease your mind you should maybe ring the recruitment ppl for the campaign they may be able to give you an idea if how many in band a.

Thanks for that, i actually rang them yesterday they said that there is over 100 in band a so hopfully that they will need more than that so hopefully I will get an interview!!

Thanks for that, i actually rang them yesterday they said that there is over 100 in band a so hopfully that they will need more than that so hopefully I will get an interview!!

Fingers crossed for you!! Ill post questions after face to face interview to help anyone that is interviewed after me.

Good lucj with your interview!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lbouyle48

Lady1984 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for you!! Ill post questions after face to face interview to help anyone that is interviewed after me.

Hey Lady1984, I am also in band a, I have an interview thursday 6th june. I rang them there about the interview and they said that we can actually fail the interview but its a small chance (13 percent). She said that this interview overrides all the other stages of the process. Im a bit confused tbh!

you can fail the interview???....oh dear, 13% seems quiet high

Did they give you any other tips or info?

As far as im aware the interview is to give you a rank or number for the area you picked? Like you could be 2, 6,12 etc and you will get the 6th job etc that comes up in that area...is that right?

hi bonnie 88, no she said that the interview overrides the other two steps buts its a slim chance you will fail because of the comprehensive assessment process, she gave no other tips. how are ye preparing for it?? I dunno how the ranking system works tbh

I havent done much for it yet, but im gonna concentrate on the areas they listed in the letter they sent out. From talking to ppl who did the interview the last time it was open, its heavily centered around your application. Know everything you put it in back to front and be able to give a second example of if asked.

Im nervous and excited about it at the same type, i just really hope something comes from it and were not waiting on it for ages, would be great to actually work as what your qualified as.

• Advertisement

Did any one do the face to face interview yet?? Best of luck !!

Mine is on Friday .... I haven't started to prepare yet!!! I'm getting nervous!! I'm not sure what to wear I was thinking black dress with tights as I don't want to go bare legged!! But I will probably look like I'm off to a funeral!

In a previous panel interview it included a question on an intervention with a client with complex needs? I wonder will that be asked again. I'm a little rusty on my social work theories! Any one any tips? Are people just preparing examples as well is examples already used in application form?

Hi mine is tomorrow. god i cant wait for it to be over. From what i heard (well from interviews on previous years) its heavily based on your application, be able to discuss your examples from the application and be able to give up back up examples. Havent a clue what will come up for the professional skills and knowledge section, seems very broad.

As for dress know what ya mean, its a proffesional interview so have to dress up but i always feel like a child playing dress up when i do that..not to mention the heat at the moment.

Anyone who did theres today please give any tips or advice you can...god i need a drink :)

Best of luck to everyone, we did great to get this far xxx

Bonnie88 wrote: »
    Hi mine is tomorrow. god i cant wait for it to be over. From what i heard (well from interviews on previous years) its heavily based on your application, be able to discuss your examples from the application and be able to give up back up examples. Havent a clue what will come up for the professional skills and knowledge section, seems very broad.

As for dress know what ya mean, its a proffesional interview so have to dress up but i always feel like a child playing dress up when i do that..not to mention the heat at the moment.

Anyone who did theres today please give any tips or advice you can...god i need a drink :)

Best of luck to everyone, we did great to get this far xxx

Best of luck tomorrow 🀠hope it all goes well. Let us know how it goes for you!! It'll be over before you know it just remember you know you stuff and give them a nice smile and handshake .😉

Okay so interview done and dusted, Not really sure how it went but we will find out next week.

Have to say it was very straight forward, its all on your application and they ask for second examples, they can pick out any sentence that you put in your app so be prepared. I got stuck on that part.

The only i suppose curve ball is the professional knowledge question. I got asked about elder care and camhs but there very general questions you didnt need to know the area to be able to answer it....well i hope

Best of luck everybody xxx

Okay so interview done and dusted, Not really sure how it went but we will find out next week.

Have to say it was very straight forward, its all on your application and they ask for second examples, they can pick out any sentence that you put in your app so be prepared. I got stuck on that part.

The only i suppose curve ball is the professional knowledge question. I got asked about elder care and camhs but there very general questions you didnt need to know the area to be able to answer it....well i hope

Best of luck everybody xxx

Well done!!! You are finished!!! I'd love to be finished! Sitting here looking over things but struggling with second examples that are good. Did u need a second example for all of them?

Did they ask you about and theories or social work methods? What did they ask you about CAMHS I havnt a clue as never worked with the service!!

Lady1984 wrote: »
    Well done!!! You are finished!!! I'd love to be finished! Sitting here looking over things but struggling with second examples that are good. Did u need a second example for all of them?

Did they ask you about and theories or social work methods? What did they ask you about CAMHS I havnt a clue as never worked with the service!!

Dont worry you will be grand, think i need second examples for all of them. The camhs question was along the lines of you have a young person who self harms how would you support them?..what ever experience you have it will all relate its all basically assessment, support

Its not as scary as you think, its based on your experience so you will kinda mould the way the interview goes.

Best of luck xxx

Dont worry you will be grand, think i need second examples for all of them. The camhs question was along the lines of you have a young person who self harms how would you support them?..what ever experience you have it will all relate its all basically assessment, support

Its not as scary as you think, its based on your experience so you will kinda mould the way the interview goes.

Best of luck xxx

Thanks for that.... Ill be on this after interview to get it all of my chest!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 meercat1

I had my interview yesterday afternoon. As others have said, it is heavily based on your application and then one clinical question - mine was on assessing a child.

Someone mentioned above that the failure rate for these interviews is around 13%, I heard the girl waiting beside me asking the girl who signs you in what the rate of failure is to which she replied 25 to 30%! I couldn't believe it, I asked the girl (who initially asked) if I heard right and that it was 30% and she said yes! Maybe we both heard wrong though and it is around 13% - that would be more manageable...

Anyway, tis neither here nor there - had a terrible interview anyway!

Best of luck to all....

• Advertisement

meercat1 wrote: »
    I had my interview yesterday afternoon. As others have said, it is heavily based on your application and then one clinical question - mine was on assessing a child.

Someone mentioned above that the failure rate for these interviews is around 13%, I heard the girl waiting beside me asking the girl who signs you in what the rate of failure is to which she replied 25 to 30%! I couldn't believe it, I asked the girl (who initially asked) if I heard right and that it was 30% and she said yes! Maybe we both heard wrong though and it is around 13% - that would be more manageable...

Anyway, tis neither here nor there - had a terrible interview anyway!

Best of luck to all....

Hi Meercat 1,

is it 30% that's a lot isn't it! I wish this stage was just for ranking people on the panel! Its an awful process

Advertisement