Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Work Panel 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 midsker

lbouyle48 wrote: »
    Hi Meercat 1,

is it 30% that's a lot isn't it! I wish this stage was just for ranking people on the panel! Its an awful process

30% seems very high!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Lady1984

I seem the post about the 30% failure rate on the morning of interview... My nerves were gone.

I went into interview and babbled unable to structure my answers or get to the point of what I needed to say ... It was horrendous !!! I just opened my mouth and crap fell out didn't really answer question. I think my main problem was nerves and that I didn't learn each skill area question off by heart! Def need more prep for next time as it should have been so straight forward!!

I have been beating myself up all weekend sick with worry. This is a horrible process... I would be happy to come very last on panel at this stage as I'm surprised I will have scored more than 40 marks for each question. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lbouyle48

is 30% actually the failure rate?? jeez that means there will be a low number of people actually on the panel! when I rang manorhamilation she told me that 13% fail but its actually rare because of this thorough process! When do we hear back from them?

is 30% actually the failure rate?? jeez that means there will be a low number of people actually on the panel! when I rang manorhamilation she told me that 13% fail but its actually rare because of this thorough process! When do we hear back from them?

Today or tomorrow I'd say I'm not holding my breath I really messed up the more I think of it the worse I feel

Lady1984 wrote: »
    Today or tomorrow I'd say I'm not holding my breath I really messed up the more I think of it the worse I feel

Oh god! I'm not v happy with mine either! It's an awful process really! I dunno how this selection process works ' best of luck

• Advertisement

Oh god! I'm not v happy with mine either! It's an awful process really! I dunno how this selection process works ' best of luck

Best of luck to you too!!! Hope you get what you want!!

Best of luck to you too!!! Hope you get what you want!!

Just to get on the panel is all I want! The waiting is the worst

Just to get on the panel is all I want! The waiting is the worst

I'm the exact same ... I know it mite sound extream to ppl but my stomach is sick with worry waiting for that HSE text to come through

I'm the exact same ... I know it mite sound extream to ppl but my stomach is sick with worry waiting for that HSE text to come through

I'm the exact same n even text that comes thru I'm nearly afraid to look at my phone for fear it's the hse

I'm the exact same n even text that comes thru I'm nearly afraid to look at my phone for fear it's the hse

Haha I know the feeling!!! The fear!! Good luck and ill talk to you when we hear from HSE ! ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Haha I know the feeling!!! The fear!! Good luck and ill talk to you when we hear from HSE ! ðŸ˜

Ya it will all work out! Everything happens for a reason good luck

5pm is here and still no word... It must be tomorrow now at this stage.... Another night of worry

5pm is here and still no word... It must be tomorrow now at this stage.... Another night of worry

Feck sake! I wonder is of really tomorrow because I asked in the interview n they couldn't tell me! They told me to ask hr! I didn't bother

Panel goes live tomorrow so it must be tomorrow .....

Panel goes live tomorrow so it must be tomorrow .....

Oh really it must b tomorrow so ! Eek

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bonnie88

I know a person who got a letter today saying she did not get a spot on the panel (sick)

What do you think this means for the rest of us?

Anyone else hear any similar stories? I feel sick, dont care if a place 99th just wanna place

Bonnie88 wrote: »
    I know a person who got a letter today saying she did not get a spot on the panel (sick)

Anyone else hear any similar stories? I feel sick, dont care if a place 99th just wanna place

I really don't know what it means I thought we would have got results by email!!

Is this a person you know who got letter? Have they worked in social work before? Did it give scores? Ill be waiting on postman tomorrow!! Oh so nervous! I'm the same I just don't want to be told I didn't get in it as I would feel like complete failure!!! At least some hope of a job if we are 99th place!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 meercat1

I was speaking to the girl at the interviews who said that they were only meeting yesterday and today to decide in Manorhamilton and that we should hear on Wednesday or Thursday via email.

Unless the girl you are speaking about got interviewed earlier on in the week maybe?

Nerve wracking either way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭LJ82

hi all, just been reading this thread and am really feeling for ye! best of luck with it, hope ye all get good news very soon. I'm starting the MSW this Sept and was sick waiting to hear if I got in or not, so can relate a little bit, best of luck!

Yeah i know him a recent graduate (like really recent just a few weeks) like myself so no actual social work experience. He was given a cover letter saying he was unsuccessful and yeah he got a break down of his scores.

Im the same as you was expecting an email like all the other times.

Im not sure if this means rejection letters were sent today the rest of us can breath a sigh of relief or is is simply getting to different areas of the country (he is from Sligo)....really wish more ppl followed this thread its like the same 3 or 4 ppl, just so we would have a better idea.

• Advertisement

meercat1 wrote: »

Unless the girl you are speaking about got interviewed earlier on in the week maybe?

No his interview was Wednesday the same day....god im more confused and nervous as ever

LJ82 wrote: »
    hi all, just been reading this thread and am really feeling for ye! best of luck with it, hope ye all get good news very soon. I'm starting the MSW this Sept and was sick waiting to hear if I got in or not, so can relate a little bit, best of luck!

Best of luck....best and worst two years of your life..if you ever want to ask a question feel free to pm me

No his interview was Wednesday the same day....god im more confused and nervous as ever

God help him! :( Mine was on Thursday so expecting letter tomorrow! If you didn't get letter today it's looking good for you if you interviewed on same day.

...maybe afraid to get my hopes up..il let ye know either way..please do the same, have to say i found this forum helpful over the last few weeks so thanks

...maybe afraid to get my hopes up..il let ye know either way..please do the same, have to say i found this forum helpful over the last few weeks so thanks

Yeah I will let you know. I'm not expecting very good news, my interview was over in about 20 minutes and they didn't even ask me for second examples and I was so nervous. I gave really unstructured answers and just blathered a few points out.

This is horrible...

Yeah I will let you know. I'm not expecting very good news, my interview was over in about 20 minutes and they didn't even ask me for second examples and I was so nervous. I gave really unstructured answers and just blathered a few points out.

This is horrible...

Well at least you didnt get the news my friend did, we can dare to breath another day :o

Mine was Friday ... But we should all hear on same day it's ony fair. My address is in Dublin so maybe slower to get to us! Anyway i expect atleast an email so Give result and then something in post to follow.... Tonight is not gonna be easy to sleep ill be stalking post man!

I was the same my interview was very short and I gave unstructured and completely off the point answers.... I came out of interview and wrote all questions I was asked down and what I should have said so that I will be better prepared for next time! I made complete idiot out if self even though I know I know the stuff it's just nerves!

LJ82 wrote: »

Best of luck hope you get in... It's a great two years especially the work placements ... If u ever need to ask anything u can contact me on this

Mine was Friday ... But we should all hear on same day it's ony fair. My address is in Dublin so maybe slower to get to us! Anyway i expect atleast an email so Give result and then something in post to follow.... Tonight is not gonna be easy to sleep ill be stalking post man!

I was the same my interview was very short and I gave unstructured and completely off the point answers.... I came out of interview and wrote all questions I was asked down and what I should have said so that I will be better prepared for next time! I made complete idiot out if self even though I know I know the stuff it's just nerves!

Did you get the impression that they wanted you out as quickly as possible?! I did and kind of rushed my answers to get through, I got no legislation into two of the questions either, cannot believe some of the obvious things I missed.

Did they quiz you much on the answers you gave or ask for second examples?

• Advertisement

Did you get the impression that they wanted you out as quickly as possible?! I did and kind of rushed my answers to get through, I got no legislation into two of the questions either, cannot believe some of the obvious things I missed.

Did they quiz you much on the answers you gave or ask for second examples?

i defo got the impression they wanted me out quick...one woman in particular you could tell didnt care about my answer and was already onto her next question on her head...very off puttiing

Advertisement