Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Work Panel 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 meercat1

Bonnie88 wrote: »
    i defo got the impression they wanted me out quick...one woman in particular you could tell didnt care about my answer and was already onto her next question on her head...very off puttiing

Yeah thought that too, felt really rushed and almost felt like I was going to annoy them if I wanted to expand further!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Lady1984

meercat1 wrote: »
    Did you get the impression that they wanted you out as quickly as possible?! I did and kind of rushed my answers to get through, I got no legislation into two of the questions either, cannot believe some of the obvious things I missed.

Did they quiz you much on the answers you gave or ask for second examples?

Ye I got a call 45 min before interview to ask if I could come earlier as they were ahead of schedule.... And then when I was in there I got the impression that they were rushing me... So I was really panicked and couldn't think straight. I left out the most obvious stuff too and talked as if I knew nothing!!! They have me Option to use the example on application or another example. One asked me a second question that I needed to used second example for. Rest of questions were about working with vulnerable adults and risk assessment , role of fostering social worker and my role in using supervision!! I fumbled through those but left out loads!

I have to say this is a great forum as already mentioned for support as it is really stressful... And I'm not even a stressed person I usually let things go over head.... Can't with this... So frustrating that we have worked so hard passed our work placements and can't get a job!!! We shud just interview for place on panel not be weeded out. It's so unfair for those who didn't even get face to face interviews

Lady1984 wrote: »
    Ye I got a call 45 min before interview to ask if I could come earlier as they were ahead of schedule.... And then when I was in there I got the impression that they were rushing me... So I was really panicked and couldn't think straight. I left out the most obvious stuff too and talked as if I knew nothing!!! They have me Option to use the example on application or another example. One asked me a second question that I needed to used second example for. Rest of questions were about working with vulnerable adults and risk assessment , role of fostering social worker and my role in using supervision!! I fumbled through those but left out loads!

I have to say this is a great forum as already mentioned for support as it is really stressful... And I'm not even a stressed person I usually let things go over head.... Can't waith this... So frustrating that we have worked so hard passed our work placements and can't get a job!!!

Yeah the forum is great for this, good to know other people are stressing as much! Everyone sitting near me looked really confident and prepared so good to hear other people's tales of woe on here!

Hopefully they take into consideration the amount of nerves some of us had.

I wonder are they only sending rejection letters to those who didn't make it and emailing those who did? I am picturing the sickening feeling of seeing the brown envelope coming through the door tomorrow!

Yeah the forum is great for this, good to know other people are stressing as much! Everyone sitting near me looked really confident and prepared so good to hear other people's tales of woe on here!

Hopefully they take into consideration the amount of nerves some of us had.

I wonder are they only sending rejection letters to those who didn't make it and emailing those who did? I am picturing the sickening feeling of seeing the brown envelope coming through the door tomorrow!

I'm sure they do take account if nerves eats hope we scraped together more than 40points per question to atleast pass!!

Oh god ill be shaking like a leaf ... Ill be good for nothing tomorrow if I don't hear early! I just want to know either way at this stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lbouyle48

I'm sure they do take account if nerves eats hope we scraped together more than 40points per question to atleast pass!!

Oh god ill be shaking like a leaf ... Ill be good for nothing tomorrow if I don't hear early! I just want to know either way at this stage!!

How do u know we have to get over 40 points

• Advertisement

lbouyle48 wrote: »
    How do u know we have to get over 40 points

I read it on interview information that was sent to us ... I think that's where I seen it but def have to get 40/100 to pass each skill area...

Has anyone's post arrived yet? I'm not sure if my post man has come and gone already as no post or he hasn't arrived yet!!!!

Has anyone's post arrived yet? I'm not sure if my post man has come and gone already as no post or he hasn't arrived yet!!!!

No nothing yet! No word of post man. This waiting is awful....

Oh god the waiting is the pits! I'm at work so I won't know til I go home at lunch!!

Oh god I wish I knew what time he usually comes I never usually pay any attention as they usually just bills !!! Ill post on this once I hear anything! I have to leave house now but if someone gets letter in post ill pop home to check :(

• Advertisement

Oh god I wish I knew what time he usually comes I never usually pay any attention as they usually just bills !!! Ill post on this once I hear anything! I have to leave house now but if someone gets letter in post ill pop home to check :(

Letter just popped through the door, managed to get on panel so am over the moon!

They tell you your ranking number and also point out that your ranking is solely for this selection process and does not include the existing panel.

They also give you your interview feedback, I got high 60's to mid 70's in them all after what I thought was a terrible, unstructured interview so I think ye will all do well.

Best of luck anyway.

Letter just popped through the door, managed to get on panel so am over the moon!

They tell you your ranking number and also point out that your ranking is solely for this selection process and does not include the existing panel.

They also give you your interview feedback, I got high 60's to mid 70's in them all after what I thought was a terrible, unstructured interview so I think ye will all do well.

Best of luck anyway.

Congratulations!!!! That's great for you!!! Hope you get the job you want!! Well done!!!

Best of luck anyway.

Well done that's brill!! Such a relief for you

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bonnie88

Thats fab Meercat, well done you!!!...waiting on tenderhooks for my post usually doesnt arrive till about 12....weird that its post not email

Thats fab Meercat, well done you!!!...waiting on tenderhooks for my post usually doesnt arrive till about 12....weird that its post not email

My post comes early n I got nothing! What will I do

My post comes early n I got nothing! What will I do

You got no post at all...or nothing from the panel?

You got no post at all...or nothing from the panel?

No post at all but the post man comes round 8.30

Try not to panic, it might just be late. Im still waiting on mine presuming i get one, id wait awhile and if by lunch all of us say we have received a letter than i would ring them...they would send to some and not to others, try relax

Try not to panic, it might just be late. Im still waiting on mine presuming i get one, id wait awhile and if by lunch all of us say we have received a letter than i would ring them...they would send to some and not to others, try relax

Ya that's true I'm at work so I can put mind off but i was in contact wit home and they told me

Ya that's true I'm at work so I can put mind off but i was in contact wit home and they told me

Did u hear anything bonnie

• Advertisement

Did u hear anything bonnie

Finally go the letter! Delighted!!!

Congratulations - well done!

Congrats!!! I'm gonna try get home to check post!! I'm sooo nervous

Slowest postman ever....got my letter, got a place thank God!!!!!

Congrats to everyone....know lets just hope it moves quick enough, such a relief for us all

Slowest postman ever....got my letter, got a place thank God!!!!!

Congrats to everyone....know lets just hope it moves quick enough, such a relief for us all

I know my post always comes at 8.30 why was it so late ! Well worth the wait!! Well done everyone !!

I know my post always comes at 8.30 why was it so late ! Well worth the wait!! Well done everyone !!

Wooo hoooo I got place too!!! Thank you all so much for the support ... The knots in tummy has now gone and there will def be celebrations this weekend!! I hope you all celebrate and know that you will make great social workers!!!

Well done everyone!!! :)

Wooo hoooo I got place too!!! Thank you all so much for the support ... The knots in tummy has now gone and there will def be celebrations this weekend!! I hope you all celebrate and know that you will make great social workers!!!

Well done everyone!!! :)

Well done!!!! It's a great relief!!! Best of luck in your future jobs!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 joemooney81

Hi all,

If panel is going live tomorrow does that mean job offers will start from tomorrow. I have just finished my masters and not graduating until to 26th of June. I rang CORU today and they say I can register online on the 27th of June using my graduation date on the online application. They said it prob wont be accepted before that.

Therefore, I won't be active on panel till 7 days after that. Anyone else have a take on this situation??

Ta and well done to everyone who got a place :)

Hi all,

If panel is going live tomorrow does that mean job offers will start from tomorrow. I have just finished my masters and not graduating until to 26th of June. I rang CORU today and they say I can register online on the 27th of June using my graduation date on the online application. They said it prob wont be accepted before that.

Therefore, I won't be active on panel till 7 days after that. Anyone else have a take on this situation??

Ta and well done to everyone who got a place :)

Jobs may be offered from 12th if jobs available in ur area... Depending what number you are it may take weeks or months.

If I was you I'd get all coru stuff ready and submit early to avoid you waiting when u graduate as there is already a backlog!!

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 joemooney81

Thanks again for the help, I'm getting all that info together at the moment and have the Garda clearance sent a while back.

I'm in the Galway Roscommon area so fingers crossed.

Best of luck to you and thanks again.

Advertisement