Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Work Panel 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 robertsulli

Cheers Sean. the very best of luck to you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mo1

Best of luck guys, I know some people on the Monday so ill be sure to pick their brains!!really thought it would be next year also, but what will be will be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SeanC320

Mo1 wrote: »
    Best of luck guys, I know some people on the Monday so ill be sure to pick their brains!!really thought it would be next year also, but what will be will be!!

That would be great im up tuesday so ill try and pop up the questions, I was in dublin yesterday that building is right across the liffey from the four courts it has big green copper gates outside of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 princessruby

Hi all I had my interview last June. listen to the advice given in earlier posts know ur application form inside out! in my interview they said I could use the example in my application form or talk about another example. they asked me how older people may experience ageism. It goes by really fast, the ppl on the panel were v nice, they did look a bit uninterested but I didn't feel rushed. They do keep to a very tight timeframe though. Best of luck to you all. Just wondering if anyone applied for the recent team leader panel?

is it best to throw policy and legislation into each skill area? and how much is advisable to talk about, are the interviews structured in the way they are set out in the information pack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Sweets86

I just hope I can think of a structured answer under pressure!! Good luck everyone on panel b :)

ah you will be fine just know whats on your application like you have done the work so you will know it, what day you up?

Hey Sean I am up on Tuesday 2! Trying to cover everything as best I can lol.....I think you should throw in as much policy, legislation and theories for each case example you give.

oh very good im on in the morning be great to have it over with, yeah your right but putting into a structured way oh god!!!! any luck with coru registration?

Got my certificate of CORU last month to say i'm registered......it took long enough anyway!! Are u still waiting on yours? your lucky u have your interview in the morning i'm not on til 4. Hopefully we will get more feedback on what to expect from the Monday group :)

• Advertisement

Sweets86 wrote: »
    Got my certificate of CORU last month to say i'm registered......it took long enough anyway!! Are u still waiting on yours? your lucky u have your interview in the morning i'm not on til 4. Hopefully we will get more feedback on what to expect from the Monday group :)

God fair play that's great you have that sorted your one of only a few to get it, it's very slow process, you must have applied early for it? Ah yeah I'm in at 10:40 so be glad to get it over with, I think the waiting is the worst part of it. Hope the offers come quick after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 princessruby

mention policy/legislation if relevant but u won't have time to go into toouch detail and go through the example in full detail also.

Best of luck to all in band b with interviews this week, if anyone has interviews tomorrow could ye give us the heads up of how they went!!

Any updates on how interviews went today?

Hi Sean,

One of my friends had hers today, she said much the same as older posts, have a second example and use all those lovely social work buzzwords..she also got asked about a teen who self harmed and how would you work with them.

She said it flew and they were straight to the point!

Hope this helps a little.

Mo

Best of luck tomorrow!!:)

Mo1 wrote: »
    Best of luck tomorrow!!:)

That's great thanks so much for that I'd say she is glad to have it over with!!!

Hi folks had interview this morning was happy with it in the end was a bit rushed due to someone been late! Panel very nice make you feel at ease, interview based soley on your skills and how you applied them, I wasn't asked for second example but I think reason on this was due to panel behind schedule, I was asked same question as mo outlined in previous post, about young person who self harmed! That was it, best of luck to the rest of ye and no need to be stressing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback re: interviews. Really happy they went well for ye. Mine is on Friday and the nerves are setting in.

moochers wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback re: interviews. Really happy they went well for ye. Mine is on Friday and the nerves are setting in.

Hey moochers you will be fine I was the same a nervous wreck but once you get in there u be fine, it's honestly not that bad, from what I gathered today from others that was there there appears to be alot of practicing SW wanting to get out of CP, and heard in passing that new child and family agency has secured funding for a good few social work posts so fingers toes everything crossed!! :)

• Advertisement

Hey Sean,
    Thanks for that info and the reassurance. Really happy it went well for you. You are right about the the new child and family agency so hopefully jobs will come up. I have not managed to find a sw job yet and I graduated in 2012, job bridge is not an option as I have two boys. I do a few hours volunteering every week so I really hope, this suffices and I'm not too rusty. I will let you know how I get on.

hey guys. Had my interview yesterday. I'm mixed feelings about it. Was abit nervous and it came across during the interview. I was able to answer everything with relevant information but im worried my nerves got the better of me. Just a waiting game now. Does anyone know when we hear back?

hey guys. Had my interview yesterday. I'm mixed feelings about it. Was abit nervous and it came across during the interview. I was able to answer everything with relevant information but im worried my nerves got the better of me. Just a waiting game now. Does anyone know when we hear back?

Hi Robert I'm sure you did just fine don't be worrying they will take the nerves into account it's all part and partial of it, some people are saying we should hear in a couple of weeks,

Cheers Sean, fingers crossed! Hopefully it will be before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mopimopr

Im not sure if the Bs are done or not, but if they are, this might help the Cs!

- describe what you have been doing since entering 3rd level education
    - they asked for one example for each of the three areas and then asked some questions around it, I asked if they would prefer to discuss the examples already given on my application or a new one and they said whatever suits me. Most of the questions they asked around the example are easy if you know your example well, as well as the theory behind it.
    - Planning: How did the way you planned this affect the outcome
    - Team skills: specifically asked for an example where there was conflict, what would you do if you had that situation again, do you think you fulfilled your role in the situation
    - Commitment to providing quality service: who is responsible for providing quality in social work, how do you motivate yourself and others( they asked me to answer it separate to the example, so it was kind of a practice question as well)
    - practice: how would you work with difficult to engage clients, supervision - how do you prepare, any situation where you disagreed with your supervisor, how would you support someone who self harms, what would you look for to assess a secure attachment between a child and its carer. FYI, I found the hse handbook amazing for preparing these answers! The info is short, to the point and gives you good ideas for how to structure your answers.
    - Aside from the quality and motivation questions, as far as I can remember, there were no areas asked that weren't discussed somewhere on this board before.

So nervous about hearing back, I don't even care where I get on the panel as long as I get on it, the posts earlier about people failing the interview have completely freaked me out. I was able to answer every question and I was happy with my answers for the most part, but you never know! Hopefully they let us know before xmas anyway, Ill be obsessing about everything I said until then! Good luck to anyone doing the interview!x

Yeah I think band b interviews were completed today, it's a great feeling to have it all done, i was talking to a couple of people and they said asked in the interview as to when we will find out and they were told in a couple of weeks after interview, so I hope we all get word soon, please god the offers start coming in as well be great to have some form of work to start off the new year, I have to say the panel that interviewed me were extremely nice which helped to settle the nervous. Sure we can keep update each other here if any of us hear anything more in the coming weeks, and a big well done to all who did interviews this week!!!

Hi everyone,
    Had my interview on Friday and hopefully it went well. I was asked all the aforementioned questions re: team skills, conflict resolution, values etc. They asked me about working with a vulnerable child and a little on legislation, partly due to the fact that I do not have any child protection experience. The interviewing board were very nice and put me at ease, there were no trick questions, and the time flew.
    The very best of luck to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mary bbbb smith

Hey
    I recently did the interview for the Social Work panel! Any idea when the results will be out? I am dreading it really

Hey
    I recently did the interview for the Social Work panel! Any idea when the results will be out? I am dreading it really

hi mary I was chatting to someone today and she said that a girl she knows contacted manorhamilton and they stated that they should be out today or tomorrow, but id reckon it will be next week sometime!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 mary bbbb smith

Thanks Sean for the reply. The wait is killing me I just want to get on the panel I don't care what number as long as im on

Advertisement