Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Work Panel 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mary bbbb smith

Thanks for the reply sean the wait is killing me hope all goes well for you

• Registered Users Posts: 10 robertsulli

If anyone could post on this when they receive their letter, i would be very thankful! :-) i will probably have an extra day to wait over living in the UK. Best of luck all!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 josie80

Anyone know if this panel will transfer with the new children and family agency ????

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lbouyle48

josie80 wrote: »
    Anyone know if this panel will transfer with the new children and family agency ????

I dont really understand what you mean?? Can you explain it again?

Sorry i was wondering if anyone heard anything about a new panel being established for the new children and family agency once they seperate from the hse in january or if the existing hse panel will transfer with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

Hi Josie,
    I am nearly positive that the existing/new panel suffices for the new children and family agency. It would make sense too as that is where the majority of sw jobs will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lbouyle48

moochers wrote: »
    Hi Josie,
    I am nearly positive that the existing/new panel suffices for the new children and family agency. It would make sense too as that is where the majority of sw jobs will be.

Ya I think so too I doubt they would be interviewing people for band b if they weren't goin to be transferred over. It would be a waste of time and money

Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SeanC320

Monday is "D" Day best of luck to all, I cant see why they couldn't have emailed us anyway with the results be more cost effective and all that!!!

Good luck everybody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Sunnysider

Good luck everyone. Has anyone heard about movement on the Kerry panel? I interviewed in band a and there has been only two jobs since. I think there are still a lot of people on the panels from before. I'm afraid I'll be waiting years for a job in Kerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sweets86

Can't believe I got on the panel all that worry. Got everything I wanted for xmas best of luck to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mopimopr

Cant get my post till this evening - "big brown envelope from the hse" apparently waiting for me. I actually feel sick!

Yes same as, it wasn't worth all the worry very pleased with it now just hope the offers start coming!!!

mopimopr wrote: »
    Cant get my post till this evening - "big brown envelope from the hse" apparently waiting for me. I actually feel sick!

don't be worrying im sure it will be worth the wait

It will be good news waiting for you
    :)

anyone know how soon after the offers come I know it probably depends on the area of choice but are all post offered nationally?

Couldnt stand it any more, had to go home and check. GOOD NEWS!!! So delighted with my place as well, I didnt think I did so well. Well done to everyone above and thanks for the replies, such a relief!!

Im dying to know how many are still left from the previous panel though. Also does anyone know what the situation is with temp staff in the hse and us? My area recruited temps recently and im wondering will they stay on or give the positions to us when their contracts are up?

By the way, how hilarious were the interview feedback sheets?! Like a primary school report card, so cute!

Couldnt stand it any more, had to go home and check. GOOD NEWS!!! So delighted with my place as well, I didnt think I did so well. Well done to everyone above and thanks for the replies, such a relief!!

Im dying to know how many are still left from the previous panel though. Also does anyone know what the situation is with temp staff in the hse and us? My area recruited temps recently and im wondering will they stay on or give the positions to us when their contracts are up?

By the way, how hilarious were the interview feedback sheets?! Like a primary school report card, so cute!

That's great fair play, I was the same I couldn't wait this morning I actually went out and hunted down the post man on the road before he got to my house, not sure now to be honest what way the existing panel is working, be just super to get offers soon or in the new year,!!! ah the feedback sheets were class!! anyone know how many on band b panel now?

Hilarious!! Poor postman!

Not sure how many but someone in the waiting room said there were 4 interview panels all going at the same time on my day, so if they had that all day for everyday they did interviews. . . a lot.

• Advertisement

Hilarious!! Poor postman!

Not sure how many but someone in the waiting room said there were 4 interview panels all going at the same time on my day, so if they had that all day for everyday they did interviews. . . a lot.

Yeah your right, be wonderful to get something straight away, I know the day I was interviewed there was a lot of practicing social workers wanting out of CP and wanting to move location so id say there is a good few on it!!

Congrats everybody. My post literally just arrived ten minutes ago. Made the panel, so relieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 meercat1

Hi,

Just thought I would answer a few questions that have been asked over the past few posts.

I started receiving expressions of interest around 2 weeks after the panel was up and running. They send you expressions of interest in the areas you have selected. However, you will occasionally receive expressions of interest that are sent nationally if the posts cannot be filled from candidates in that geographical area. For example, neither Sligo nor Dublin was my selected area yet I received a good few expressions from them.

If you express an interest and are the highest ranked candidate you recieve a reccomendation to proceed and the job is provisionally your's. The entire process is very drawn out, it took me from mid-August (when I received the reccomendation to proceed) until last week (when i signed contract). Despite it being drawn out, it is all very straight forward and the people in Manorhamilton will contact you when they need to. By the way, all of the expressions of interest which have came out until this point have been for permanent jobs, not fixed term or temporary contracts.

I heard from a few people at work that around 150 people were interviewed from the band b candidates and very few fail these. Some areas are moving quite quickly, I know that the midlands and parts of Dulbin seem to be moving well but others are not going as fast. You can call and ask how many are on the panel and if you get the right person they might tell you.

With regards to the agency staff, I would only be guessing but I would say that when the Child and Family agency is up and running that the agency staff will not be extended and posts will be filled from the panel.

Anyway, any other questions about the process, feel free to ask and well done to all.

meercat1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just thought I would answer a few questions that have been asked over the past few posts.

I started receiving expressions of interest around 2 weeks after the panel was up and running. They send you expressions of interest in the areas you have selected. However, you will occasionally receive expressions of interest that are sent nationally if the posts cannot be filled from candidates in that geographical area. For example, neither Sligo nor Dublin was my selected area yet I received a good few expressions from them.

If you express an interest and are the highest ranked candidate you recieve a reccomendation to proceed and the job is provisionally your's. The entire process is very drawn out, it took me from mid-August (when I received the reccomendation to proceed) until last week (when i signed contract). Despite it being drawn out, it is all very straight forward and the people in Manorhamilton will contact you when they need to. By the way, all of the expressions of interest which have came out until this point have been for permanent jobs, not fixed term or temporary contracts.

I heard from a few people at work that around 150 people were interviewed from the band b candidates and very few fail these. Some areas are moving quite quickly, I know that the midlands and parts of Dulbin seem to be moving well but others are not going as fast. You can call and ask how many are on the panel and if you get the right person they might tell you.

With regards to the agency staff, I would only be guessing but I would say that when the Child and Family agency is up and running that the agency staff will not be extended and posts will be filled from the panel.

Anyway, any other questions about the process, feel free to ask and well done to all.

Hi Meercat thanks for answering those questions your a wealth of knowledge :) that's great to know hopefully the process wont be as delayed when the new child and family agency, its great that these jobs are permanent especially nowadays, are the majority of posts CP or is there a much variation of choice out there.

No probelm Sean.

The majority of posts are in the CP field however a few EOI's came out for mental health positions in the midlands I am unsure about other areas.

Also, don't worry if you are far down on the panel. As you say, many are looking out of CP so may pass up on these positions as well as the fact that a lot of people don't have CORU sorted and may have emigrated etc so they also have to pass up on the positions.

The HSE has also began to recruit team leaders so this may free up a few basic grade positions also.

meercat1 wrote: »
    No probelm Sean.

The majority of posts are in the CP field however a few EOI's came out for mental health positions in the midlands I am unsure about other areas.

Also, don't worry if you are far down on the panel. As you say, many are looking out of CP so may pass up on these positions as well as the fact that a lot of people don't have CORU sorted and may have emigrated etc so they also have to pass up on the positions.

The HSE has also began to recruit team leaders so this may free up a few basic grade positions also.

that's super I suppose its important to consider the area you want as that where we will end up until the panel opens up again? thanks again for your help!

Yeah that's it. Once you accept a recommendation to proceed you no longer receive expressions if interest. It would be annoying to accept something beacuse you are reluctant to hold out only to miss out on a nicer job. Those are the risks I suppose but it's a dicey game!

To be honest, I just expressed interesting everything until I eventually got it though I don't think that what I done is common. For example, some people on the panel may already have permanent jobs so they are in more of a position to 'play the waiting game' and hold out until they receive an offer which they are very interested in. Ohters, like myself, are keen to get going ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mo1

Well done everyone:) good news all round!!thanks for yer help:)

Question for you all can we hold out until a job comes up that we really want or do you have to take what ever comes up? Do we stay on the panel until we secure a job or is it the case that if you don't show an interest in jobs you will have to apply for next panel?

• Advertisement

Hi Sweets,
    If you are not interested in a job that comes available, you are under no obligation to express interest. Your positioning on the panel stays the same.
    The job will then be offered to someone below your number and so on.

If you do express interest in a job and accept it, get a contract etc and after a few years decide you want to change you then reapply to the panel.

It can be a waiting game, however, if you do decide to pass up on jobs. Because most of the jobs are usually in child protection, those who are in CP long term have reapplied on the panel and are looking for something different. So therefore there is a huge demand for non CP positions.

I personally would prefer primary care/medical sw but if I'm offered cp Ill take it. But if you are in employment already and and want to hold out till your preferred job comes up, go for it and best of luck.

Advertisement