Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Work Panel 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lbouyle48

mopimopr wrote: »
    Apparently :(

I'd forgotten about the graduate programme... Does anyone know if all graduates will be able to apply for it, like a jobsbridge type deal? Or just new graduates?

I dunno think it's newly qualified but I know a lot of sw aren't happy with the proposal and have organised marches in opposition to this proposal. I might ring manorhamilton n c if they have any word on panel vacancies. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mopimopr

lbouyle48 wrote: »
    I dunno think it's newly qualified but I know a lot of sw aren't happy with the proposal and have organised marches in opposition to this proposal. I might ring manorhamilton n c if they have any word on panel vacancies. :mad:

Already did that! :D They deal just with recruiting and its impossible for them to tell when jobs might come up. They explained that now that they have formed the panel, individual managers get approval for posts and send that approval to them and then they can send out the emails for us to express an interest. So, they have no way of knowing as it depends on each individual managers needs and whether or not they get approval. (which tusla indicated they wont be considering for a few months)

As for any action other sws are taking about the grad prog, how do you hear about such things, I would like to support that.

Already did that! :D They deal just with recruiting and its impossible for them to tell when jobs might come up. They explained that now that they have formed the panel, individual managers get approval for posts and send that approval to them and then they can send out the emails for us to express an interest. So, they have no way of knowing as it depends on each individual managers needs and whether or not they get approval. (which tusla indicated they wont be considering for a few months)

As for any action other sws are taking about the grad prog, how do you hear about such things, I would like to support that.

oh right, thanks! i am friends with swan ireland on fb, they are a sw action group and have organised a protest in dub on 21st! i think the scheme is crazy.

oh right, thanks! i am friends with swan ireland on fb, they are a sw action group and have organised a protest in dub on 21st! i think the scheme is crazy.

The scheme is ridiculous. I found this article about it on the swan website, the comments section is interesting too. Its definitely just for new graduates.

http://www.thejournal.ie/student-social-workers-1346047-Mar2014/

The demonstration is on the 21st and there is also a letter writing campaign, it looks fairly simple, you just copy and paste and email to a TD, if anyone is interested!

http://www.socialworkfuture.org/about-swan/regional-swan/ireland/354-template-letter-to-td-s-asking-them-to-oppose-the-new-proposed-graduate-scheme-for-social-workers

Rang manorhamiliton. Totally annoyed. Said the panel may expire after a year

• Advertisement

Rang manorhamiliton. Totally annoyed. Said the panel may expire after a year[/QU

Oh my god. So when did the panel actually start? And does that include the previous panel, panel a, b etc?

Rang manorhamiliton. Totally annoyed. Said the panel may expire after a year[/QU

Oh my god. So when did the panel actually start? And does that include the previous panel, panel a, b etc?

I dunno I think it's a disgrace. She couldn't tell me she when I asked her again. She said its valid for a year n doesn't know if it will b for longer. There is nothing to say in any of the info I got that it was only for a year. I'm so annoyed as can't get any answers gonna rjng hse hr an find out. We need answers

• Registered Users Posts: 24 k_t11

Rang manorhamiliton. Totally annoyed. Said the panel may expire after a year

It did say in the application form and guidance that this may happen. But the previous panel was in existence for a number of years. But I know how you are feeling i have contacted manorhamiliton numerous times and felt that way. I called them last june soon after a went live (im in c) and was told by an extremely rude person that there were people on the panel since 2008 so unlikely I would hear anything anytime soon!

k_t11 wrote: »
    It did say in the application form and guidance that this may happen. But the previous panel was in existence for a number of years. But I know how you are feeling i have contacted manorhamiliton numerous times and felt that way. I called them last june soon after a went live (im in c) and was told by an extremely rude person that there were people on the panel since 2008 so unlikely I would hear
    anything anytime soon!

Really did it?? Ya there so rude I just want answera

Ya im afraid it did! I chose dublin over galway thinking there would be more opportunities within the year. turns out it was a decision I didn't even need to make! I personally dont think they will dissolve the panel at the end of the year.

• Advertisement

Ya im afraid it did! I chose dublin over galway thinking there would be more opportunities within the year. turns out it was a decision I didn't even need to make! I personally dont think they will dissolve the panel at the end of the year.

Ya I dunno. I just think they are so rude and can't give answers like all I ever get is I can't answer that etc. I just hope I get something soon. I don't understand tho why they would get rid of the panel after a year tho how would they recruit permanent staff then

Ya I dunno. I just think they are so rude and can't give answers like all I ever get is I can't answer that etc. I just hope I get something soon. I don't understand tho why they would get rid of the panel after a year tho how would they recruit permanent staff then

I just think its a disgrace after all our years in college, the grueling panel process and then to get on the panel and for it to expire after a year. There is currently 200 sw posts to be filled and they are proposing a graduate scheme to fill these posts. It just doesn't make sense

I dont understand any of this, why did they make a new panel if they have people from 2008, why did they call b for interview if they had no intention of opening up posts, why have I just called cpl and ttm and both have said they are looking for temporary social workers urgently for immediate start?? What is going on?

I dont understand any of this, why did they make a new panel if they have people from 2008, why did they call b for interview if they had no intention of opening up posts, why have I just called cpl and ttm and both have said they are looking for temporary social workers urgently for immediate start?? What is going on?

I just don't understand any of it. It's a disgrace and so disheartening.

Well what I gathered from the guidance notes when applying was there was a panel in place but they weren't taking the jobs on offer. People on the existing panel had to take the next job offered to them or they would go to the end of the new panel (this was stated in the guidance). Also the panels are quite deceiving as someone may be on the panel since 2008 but may have been out of the country since then aswell!! I just feel the whole approach is ridiculous!! One department to recruit sw for the whole country!! I have been in touch with cpl and I am fully flexible in where I will move to but he only had 2 jobs he could put me forward for. Ttm??? They haven't returned any of my calls!!!

Well what I gathered from the guidance notes when applying was there was a panel in place but they weren't taking the jobs on offer. People on the existing panel had to take the next job offered to them or they would go to the end of the new panel (this was stated in the guidance). Also the panels are quite deceiving as someone may be on the panel since 2008 but may have been out of the country since then aswell!! I just feel the whole approach is ridiculous!! One department to recruit sw for the whole country!! I have been in touch with cpl and I am fully flexible in where I will move to but he only had 2 jobs he could put me forward for. Ttm??? They haven't returned any of my calls!!!

Ya but I still don't understand why they get rid of the supplementary panel that we are on after a year. It makes absolutely no sense. God knows it's hard enough to get a social work job without this nonsense.....

Just got 3 expression of interests for Roscommon. . . How if tusla told me they're not looking at new posts for a few months??? This does not make sense.

Just got 3 expression of interests for Roscommon. . . How if tusla told me they're not looking at new posts for a few months??? This does not make sense.

Are u on the Roscommon panel

Are u on the Roscommon panel

Yes its a roscommon/galway panel

Oh at least that's a positive. Best of luck. Hope u get one of the positions

• Advertisement

Oh at least that's a positive. Best of luck. Hope u get one of the positions

Thanks, but unlikely! :(

Thanks, but unlikely! :(

You'd never know your luck. Stay positive. Things have to improve

• Registered Users Posts: 9 topcat28

Has anyone got expressions of interest for posts outside of child protection?

topcat28 wrote: »
    Has anyone got expressions of interest for posts outside of child protection?

Nope

Hi Mopipor did anything come of the EOI you received?? I gave the agency another go after reading your post and I got a job in child protection. I did 2 interviews in the space of 4 days and got the second one. Its worth a go if you are desperate to get in and start working!

Hi Mopipor did anything come of the EOI you received?? I gave the agency another go after reading your post and I got a job in child protection. I did 2 interviews in the space of 4 days and got the second one. Its worth a go if you are desperate to get in and start working!

Congrats!!

No I didn't hear anything from them. I know there are temp jobs, but I cant relocate at the moment, I need to wait for one relatively near me!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Hi everyone,

I know you guys are probably really busy and your interviews are a distant memory at this stage but I just found this forum so useful... I interviewed last week for a different profession but exact same procedure as you guys. My interview did not go well at all though unfortunately and I just don't know if I will even have passed it... I'm so annoyed at myself. I was wondering if you guys know did many people fail your interviews last year?

Sorry for bothering you guys, I just don't know anyone else who interviewed for my job this year so thought I'd share here instead..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

When you say "fail the intereview" do you mean fail to get into Band A.

I know loads of very experienced social workerers who got into Band B and some people just out of college who got into Band A.

The Band B people are getting offers now.

Hope it works out for you

bisset wrote: »
    When you say "fail the intereview" do you mean fail to get into Band A.

I know loads of very experienced social workerers who got into Band B and some people just out of college who got into Band A.

The Band B people are getting offers now.

Hope it works out for you

Thanks but no I meant the actual face to face interview. I got into band A and had my interview but it went pretty awfully...

• Advertisement

Well I managed to pass it but they haven't split it up in terms of our local panels, instead it's a national panel and I'm no. 210 so gosh I doubt I'll ever get a job offer with that many people ahead of me

Advertisement