Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Document went really well, not as well as I had hoped but compared to everything else.
    That's what everyone's saying to me but within three minutes of starting she's asking me about the third world? I think some of the questions she asked people were dodgy and I'm worried now.

She was testing to see if you could get the highest grade , she does not expect anyone to get all the answers , its over now so you really just can't keep worrying :) just let it motivate you to do really well in the written paper

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    She was testing to see if you could get the highest grade , she does not expect anyone to get all the answers , its over now so you really just can't keep worrying :) just let it motivate you to do really well in the written paper

I won't :) I'm just going to be really bummed for a few days because I know for a fact I am good at French, A2 in my mock. And then none of the usual questions came up (imo)

I won't :) I'm just going to be really bummed for a few days because I know for a fact I am good at French, A2 in my mock. And then none of the usual questions came up (imo)

Yea i understand.. it took me a few days to get over mine as it didn't go that well, i do think though that it always goes better than you think! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I had my French Oral today and it went so horribly wrong. She didn't ask "famille, je me présente, passe temps, chez vous, votre quartier" What dis she do instead harped on about school and asked me what the topics of my debates are, then when I said the third world she asked what aspect... I didn't prepare for anything she asked and if it weren't for my document I think I would have cried in the room with her.

I'm sure you didn't do as bad as you think! I felt almost the say way though about not getting asked some of the usual topics, I wasn't asked anything about past times/sport/music which I knew a load about. But yeah, as the others are saying, I'm sure she thought you were able for those harder questions and that's why she asked you them. No point dwelling over the oral now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

the online grinds french oral is very helpful if anyone wants my log in details :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 FunkForYourAss

I'm doing my document on animal cruelty, and I'm terrified that I'll be asked a difficult question that I didn't expect.

Any ideas of the questions?:confused:

Help would be much appreciated :)

I'm doing my document on animal cruelty, and I'm terrified that I'll be asked a difficult question that I didn't expect.

Any ideas of the questions?:confused:

Help would be much appreciated :)

They can't be too extreme :)
    could be completely off but
    Do you have any animals?
    Have you worked with animals , Would you work in an animal shelter?
    Do you think we need more laws?(animal cruelty)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

In a weird way, I enjoyed my French oral. Brought up the subject of cycling and we started talking about tour de France, fav team/rider, do I like X and so on. This went on for a good 5mins :). Afterwards the examiner said it was refreshing being able to talk about cycling, as oppose to talking about sports like football or rugby. Got lucky there :D

Brad768 wrote: »
    In a weird way, I enjoyed my French oral. Brought up the subject of cycling and we started talking about tour de France, fav team/rider, do I like X and so on. This went on for a good 5mins :). Afterwards the examiner said it was refreshing being able to talk about cycling, as oppose to talking about sports like football or rugby. Got lucky there :D
    Nice!! sounds very good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

So I have my French oral on Friday, I'm in pass. I need a little help with my document. Can you tell me if there are any grammar errors as I had to use google translate to help me. :o

Also what type of questions could you envisage them asking me?

Inception

Inception est un film thriller de science-fiction écrit et réalisé par Christopher Nolan. À mon avis, c'est le meilleur film de Nolan.

DiCaprio joue Dom Cobb, un voleur qui vole les idées en infiltrant rêves.

Cobb a la chance de retrouver son ancienne vie comme moyen de paiement pour une tâche considérée comme impossible: "Inception", l'implantation de l'idée d'une personne dans un esprit d'une autre personne.

Le film met en vedette un casting de renommée mondiale qui comprend Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, un acteur français et Cillian Murphy, un acteur irlandais.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 FunkForYourAss

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    They can't be too extreme :)
    could be completely off but
    Do you have any animals?
    Have you worked with animals , Would you work in an animal shelter?
    Do you think we need more laws?(animal cruelty)

Thanks, I was asked almost all of those questions!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Delighted with my French oral. Had a lovely examiner, she just let me talk and say everything I wanted.
    I had a feeling she wouldn't know much vocab about my document ( which was proved right) and so she just asked me really easy simple questions. I had just gotten my braces off the day so I wasn't nervous going in 'cause I was so happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wallflower99

Just wondering if the examiner asks about social problems and what if questions like the lotto etc. My teacher said yes and my grinds teacher said no. I'm so confused atm?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Just wondering if the examiner asks about social problems and what if questions like the lotto etc. My teacher said yes and my grinds teacher said no. I'm so confused atm?!?

I would always prepare students for 'are there any problems in your area?' To test your conditional - 'what would you do if you won the lotto?' or 'if you were the principal/minister of education - what would you do?' Remember you're teacher is probably more experienced than your grinds teacher - listen to your teacher always. So to answer your question - it IS possible that you could be asked but don't get overly worried because your oral will be over quicker than you think. Two pieces of advice - 1. Make sure you have a document and 2. Stay away from your friends who complete their oral before you as they will only put you off. Hope this helps. Bon courage.

Advertisement