Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Millwall fans at it again.

• 13-04-2013 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

It seems every time Millwall play in the cup,their fans cause trouble.

No different again this evening with them fighting in the stands at Wembley.Scenes of women & kids being terrified & in tears as yobs wreck their day out.

Every team has a yob element but time & time again we see Millwall in the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Jeez Zerks you're desperate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Leiva wrote: »

Explain please??

It's not as if Wigan & Millwall are rivals ala Luton. The Millwall fans decided to kick off amongst themselves.

If they had been playing Liverpool perhaps your comment would be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

?
    Disgraceful scenes taking place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's really disgraceful. The images will be all over the news tonight.

Felt so sorry seeing that image of the little girl crying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

They're only doing it because they're Millwall and they have a fading reputation to uphold.

• Advertisement

Word coming from around Wembley is that it's even worse than what's been televised.

I know a few lads that were at the Final when United beat them & they were at it outside the stadium,didn't matter if United fans had kids with them,Millwall fans still attacked them.

They live up to their scumbag reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

What idiots they shouldn't be allowed to attend away games until the scum that seem to follow them around are taught how to behave....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Was is the Bushwackers causing trouble, I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Quite Ironic the week the woman who destroyed yob rule in English football dies, the Millwall contingent smash up Wembley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Ban them from the cup for the next 10 years.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Word coming from around Wembley is that it's even worse than what's been televised.

I know a few lads that were at the Final when United beat them & they were at it outside the stadium,didn't matter if United fans had kids with them,Millwall fans still attacked them.

They live up to their scumbag reputation.

I was over in Wembley recently, the whole wembley way is one narrow walkway to the ground both sets of fans have to make, the potential of trouble is always gonna be there regardless of whos playing

major bill wrote: »
    I was over in Wembley recently, the whole wembley way is one narrow walkway to the ground both sets of fans have to make, the potential of trouble is always gonna be there regardless of whos playing

That was a crazy idea,it's a real bottleneck there.Should really be two separate ways to & from the stadium.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Ban them from the cup for the next 10 years.

Some kind of crazy ban and a points deduction is the only way to stop these idiots....

The Man Utd final was in Cardiff, I was at it funnily enough (don't support either team). Didn't see any trouble.

The Man Utd final was in Cardiff, I was at it funnily enough (don't support either team). Didn't see any trouble.

aye, I was more commenting about todays match and future finals. Never been to Cardiff but id still imagine Millwall and United two of the biggest clubs with a hooligan element would cause trouble.

aye, I was more commenting about todays match and future finals. Never been to Cardiff but id still imagine Millwall and United two of the biggest clubs with a hooligan element would cause trouble.
    Man Utd have more Japanese fans at their games than they do hooligans...

There was trouble,not on the scale of today.

Showing scenes on ESPN now,some right muppets & scum at it,the eejit that stole the cops hat can expect a knock on his door in the morning.

collie0708 wrote: »
    Some kind of crazy ban and a points deduction is the only way to stop these idiots....

They tried that with Dynamo Dresden in Germany, they are banned from the German FA cup and got hefty fines. It didn't work, some of their supporters caused some trouble last Friday, when they played away to Union Berlin.

It's not all the supporters, sometimes, it's only a small minority of them. But the reputation of the club suffers and so is the majority of decent fans :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Pathetic behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ESPN said they have footage that they can't show. The footage that they have shown is bad enough, so it must have been pretty nasty indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

milwall manager dodging the question in post match interview. didnt see it my bollix.

how hard is it to say the fighting is reprehensible

Man Utd have more Japanese fans at their games than they do hooligans...

I'm a united season ticket holder and I agree with the above post,haven't ever seen any trouble at any of the united games I have been to but have seen 1000s of those Japanese tourists.,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What a pathetic swipe for no reason at all other than the username of a poster. This place would do your f**king head in at times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

hope fully the fella with the **** eating grin who nicked the coppers hat gets arrested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

hope fully the fella with the **** eating grin who nicked the coppers hat gets arrested

I would go little further.

He's screwed, it amazes me how braindead some idiots can be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Scum as always

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Lol

Build a bridge you fücking lightweight.
    You're so cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Lol

Build a bridge you fücking lightweight.

Whoah!! We've got an Internet badass in da house :rolleyes:

Rumours on the twatter feed suggesting West Ham fans in amongst the Millwall crowd hence the violence.......very OTT and most likely Bull****:rolleyes:

Whoever brought that poor girl there to sit amongst those apes should be ashamed of themselves.

Whoever brought that poor girl there to sit amongst those apes should be ashamed of themselves.

Football is meant to be for all ages,parents should be able to bring their kids to games without fear.Alas today wasn't one of those games.

Rumours on the twatter feed suggesting West Ham fans in amongst the Millwall crowd hence the violence.......very OTT and most likely Bull****:rolleyes:
    Seems legit. After all wasn't it all Chelsea & Millwall fans who destroyed Manchester in '08 :pac:

• Advertisement

If that was true, it must have been a pre-arranged fight, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Careful with the abuse, whether you're right or wrong.

Seems legit. After all wasn't it all Chelsea & Millwall fans who destroyed Manchester in '08 :pac:

Was just going to mention the fact that Millwall are out of the cup it avoids the possibility of them meeting Chelsea in the final,war has been averted there.

This poster has a point IMO.

We always hear the excuses about it just being a minority (no matter how large that minority seem to be) but at the end of the day when certain clubs have a bad reputation that they constantly reinforce, why support them? If you disagree with football hooliganism and violence - don't bring your kids to Millwall games. ****, don't bring them up to support Millwall full stop.

Same goes for other clubs with a history of violence, racism etc.

Were they fighting amongst themselves or what?

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Football is meant to be for all ages,parents should be able to bring their kids to games without fear.Alas today wasn't one of those games.

Totally agree but with Millwall's track record, I don't think any of their games should be assumed to be safe for a child to attend.

rarnes1 wrote: »

Yeah & the cops,it's not unusual for them,if they can't fight anyone else they'll do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

rarnes1 wrote: »

Seems that way.

These fans started on the police though. A nice life-long ban and maybe a jail sentence wouldn't go astray.

iuogWp2MFQmdG.gif

It looks like, they were trying to leave the ground and the Police were stopping them?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A reminder: Please consult the abuse section of the forum charter before posting.
    Lars1916 wrote: »
    If that was true, it must have been a pre-arranged fight, but I doubt it.

Sounds like the rumour that Serbian fans were in amongst Croatian fans a couple of weeks ago and would out themselves if they scored. It would fit that when Wigan scored their second that they would pick then to do it.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    It looks like, they were trying to leave the ground and the Police were stopping them?

They had started fighting before that,the commentator mentioned it but wouldn't show it,cops showed up & fans fought them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Seems that way.

These fans started on the police though. A nice life-long ban and maybe a jail sentence wouldn't go astray.

iuogWp2MFQmdG.gif

I love how 2-3 fans push the fans in front of them first before they pile in.

Hard men alright:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

All of the coverage that ESPN gave after the game, the gif above is only part of it. That lad who decided to steal the policeman's cap must feel great now, after making an appearance on TV for 30 seconds

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

8646457156_423759d7d2_o.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Hope the fans identified have the book thrown at them. Reprehensible stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement