Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Millwall fans at it again.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sky saying ten people were arrested.

I predict many memes about that man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Not sure why people are whinging about the copper's hat. No evidence the guy has done anything violent, I thought it was quite amusing personally.

Let's not pretend the police don't love a chance to batter fans with their weapons either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    8646457156_423759d7d2_o.gif

I'm sure this idiot will have an early visitor in the morning bet he doesn't feel as clever then....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What a hero.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

collie0708 wrote: »
    I'm sure this idiot will have an early visitor in the morning bet he doesn't feel as clever then....

Sad thing is, he will probably think he's cleverer than ever.

Massive hooligan fight with people getting battered in the face in front of children and the internet is crying about some lad nicking a policeman's hat :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

zerks wrote: »
    Was just going to mention the fact that Millwall are out of the cup it avoids the possibility of them meeting Chelsea in the final,war has been averted there.

Kind of wanted Millwall to win after seeing Dave Whelan on the bbc website banging on about Thatcher being the bees knees. But after these scenes a Wigan win was for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Yeah,stealing a hat is the worse thing I saw there today :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Massive hooligan fight with people getting battered in the face in front of children and the internet is crying about some lad nicking a policeman's hat :rolleyes:

Starving kids in Africa and the internet is crying about football violence :rolleyes:

Just because something is less bad doesn't mean people can't talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Seriously deluded people here, I hope they are on a wind up.
    Wigan fans in the milwall end?...Please
    Fans were only trying to leave the stadium?...

If anyone knows anything about football they will know Milwalls reputation, and today was just a reinforcement of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Lars1916 wrote: »
    It looks like, they were trying to leave the ground and the Police were stopping them?

The policeman headbutted my foot judge i swear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I think it was the fact that he looked so smug showing it to his mates then hiding it,all the time not knowing that his face was being shown all over the world,Footballs Dumbest Criminal.

Starving kids in Africa and the internet is crying about football violence :rolleyes:

Just because something is less bad doesn't mean people can't talk about it.
    On the scale of things, some cheeky fecker nicking a copper's hat is so far down there it isn't even worth whinging about. There were chants sung during the match that are more offensive than this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Seriously deluded people here, I hope they are on a wind up.
    Wigan fans in the milwall end?...Please
    Fans were only trying to leave the stadium?...

If anyone knows anything about football they will know Milwalls reputation, and today was just a reinforcement of it.

Nobody said Wigan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

major bill wrote: »
    Nobody said Wigan

Well west ham was an even more ridiculous shout.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Not sure why people are whinging about the copper's hat. No evidence the guy has done anything violent, I thought it was quite amusing personally.

Let's not pretend the police don't love a chance to batter fans with their weapons either.
    The police are trying to break up fights and stop the voilence while being beaten themselves and this lad coems over and decides to take his hat. He's just as worse as the rest of them, if he's such a goody two shoes and hasn't done anything "violent" why does he feel the need to take the policeman's hat? He could help instead of getting involved and making things worse

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

The famous Luton riot of 85 had Chelsea an West Ham holligans at the ground. Very possible the trouble today involved both these clubs. The cops will know every single scumbag involved today.

Well west ham was an even more ridiculous shout.

I agree which was why i said Bull****, i think the day that was in it these lads were on the piss from early, Millwall losing 2nil so they decided to have a punch up...idiots

Then again West ham is only a few stops from the ground so who knows, its happened in the past.

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    The police are trying to break up fights and stop the voilence while being beaten themselves and this lad coems over and decides to take his hat. He's just as worse as the rest of them, if he's such a goody two shoes and hasn't done anything "violent" why does he feel the need to take the policeman's hat? He could help instead of getting involved and making things worse
    lol listen to yourself son...

marno21 wrote: »

Alcohol makes people do funny stupid things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

South East London and North Kent where their fans come from are full of Estuarine Kyle Show scummers hence the problems whenever they play a big match, although The New Den is famous for having a heavy atmosphere there's rarely big trouble at their league games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

lol listen to yourself son...

Using LOL and then calling someone SON really validates your point

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

i know they should be treated equally and considered just as fit for the job etc but there are two female cops at the front getting bashed in that clip. ****in hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

There is always a hooligan element to Millwall fans. They can't fill half the stadium at The Den. It's a known fact that people go to big Millwall games for a scrap. Before, after of during there is always something. A ban is way overdue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

the hooligan element of the millwall fans do not care about the other fans from their team or the younger people in the crowd today....seeing that young girl crying in the news i bet she wont go to another game after today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Disgusting scenes.

Hopefully the FA take strong action and make an example of them.

Atrocious football club.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Disgusting scenes.

Hopefully the FA take strong action and make an example of them.

Atrocious football club.

Its a little unfair to tar the whole club with a comment like that. They have an element for sure, that need to be weeded out but the fact is 99% of their fans are good honest folk and they more than anymore are effected by that 1% of disfunctional louts.

• Advertisement

To Alcohol wrote: »
    but the fact is 99% of their fans are good honest folk.
    Well no, they're not. That's sort of everyone's point here.

It's amazing how certain clubs can repeat the same sort of behaviour over and over again in varying scales and yet people will still say it's a tiny element of their support.

Well no, they're not. That's sort of everyone's point here.

It's amazing how certain clubs can repeat the same sort of behaviour over and over again in varying scales and yet people will still say it's a tiny element of their support.

What other clubs do you mean?

Celtic I'd say

http://www.scotzine.com/2012/12/serious-disorder-at-dundee-match-as-celtic-fans-fight-among-themselves/

Or any fans, every club has them.

Liverpool, Man U, Leeds, Chelsea, Milwall, Luton, West Ham,. Take your pick. A small element to all those clubs that need to be well policed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

3 year ban from the FA Cup
    1 season ban from having fans travel to away games
    Next 10 competitive home games to be played behind closed doors

That might give the club the motivation to drive this element away for good.

To Alcohol wrote: »
    Liverpool, Man U, Leeds, Chelsea, Milwall, Luton, West Ham,. Take your pick. A small element to all those clubs that need to be well policed.

You can probably add dozens more clubs to that. Actually probably every club has a bellend element.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yup - Celtic. Known all over Europe for causing trouble, start fights at every ground and have a thoroughly bad reputation, hence why they're never invited all over the globe to play friendlies.

Yup - Celtic. Known all over Europe for causing trouble, start fights at every ground and have a thoroughly bad reputation, hence why they're never invited all over the globe to play friendlies.

I'm not singling out Celtic, just making a point that there's idiots at every club.

I'm not singling out Celtic, just making a point that there's idiots at every club.
    In that case you completely missed my very basic point.

We are talking about clubs that have a deserved reputation for violent and abusive fans. Where the "it's just a minority" excuse does not wash. Celtic are pretty much the opposite to that.

• Advertisement

The memes have started.

BHwCRawCQAA6jrJ.jpg

On the subject of all clubs having bellend fans, Wigan had some of their own in the mid 90's. Northampton played them last game of the season in 96, we beat them 2 - 1 and our present for keeping them in the bottom division, for at least that season, was, on leaving the ground, running fights in the street and bricks being hurled at us. Northampton even have a few morons. (Not including those of us who genuinely think we are going to do well next season, every season)

It raises 2 points. Firstly, all clubs have wanker fans, and secondly, and perhaps more importantly, Wigan are flying high in the top division and Northampton have gone nowhere.

Following season we played Wigan, Swansea and Fulham. Dunno what happened to them clubs. Also played Cardiff and Brighton, but I'm not bitter.

zerks wrote: »

Certainly looks like a minority there

It's kind of funny in a way that it's Milwall fans v Millwall fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Certainly looks like a minority there

Lots of people that were too high up were throwing coins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

collie0708 wrote: »
    I'm a united season ticket holder and I agree with the above post,haven't ever seen any trouble at any of the united games I have been to but have seen 1000s of those Japanese tourists.,,

Not being smart, but utd have have the most fans arrested on average at games of any club in the PL. As Rafa would say FACT. ;)

Also I think they probably have more London fans than mancurian fans at the home games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Not being smart, but utd have have the most fans arrested on average at games of any club in the PL. As Rafa would say FACT. ;)

Also I think they probably have more London fans than mancurian fans at the home games.

Yeah that happens when you have the biggest stadium. A bigger stadium means that naturally there will be more idiots.

But of course you couldn't be bothered looking behind the statistic! Also a large portion of police arrests in OT are for foreigners who bring alcohol into the stadium thus breaking the law. Low level offences and generally most of the arrests are non-violent or hooligan related.

FACHT

As for the second bit that's just a pathetic swipe. You're an Irish West Ham fan giving out about Londoners in Old Trafford? The irony! Also it's funny you mention that because its a complete myth too. I don't see how it matters who supports the club either way or where they are from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Doesn't paint a good picture of the police. Lads digging the head of each other for 3 minutes and not a police officer to be seen until the very end. You'd think knowing it's Millwall they've have blitzed them as soon as it kicked off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You're an Irish West Ham fan giving out about Londoners in Old Trafford? The irony!.

always make me giggle :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Doesn't paint a good picture of the police. Lads digging the head of each other for 30 minutes and not a police officer to be seen until the very end. You'd think knowing it's Millwall they've have blitzed them as soon as it kicked off.

Huh?

It only flared up after McManaman's goal on the lower tier below that vomitory 137 and they were taking on the police in the concourse 5 minutes later..

• Advertisement
Advertisement