Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Millwall fans at it again.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

dfx- wrote: »
    Huh?

It only flared up after McManaman's goal on the lower tier below that vomitory 137 and they were taking on the police in the concourse 5 minutes later..

Meant to say 3 instead of 30.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Not being smart, but utd have have the most fans arrested on average at games of any club in the PL. As Rafa would say FACT.
    You're certainly not being smart, you got that right :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They are actually proud of what they did today,there's a forum that I won't bother linking to that has them congratulating the guys that were fighting.
    All happened just below where I was sitting. Full on FV in a stadium let alone Wembley in front of the nation is suicidal in this day and age but I can't help seeing it as a #### you to everything I hate about what football is today, and the new Wembley sums up just about everything that's wrong with it. **** of a ground, no ####ing atmosphere and what the #### are they doing holding semi-finals there. It takes Millwall to show us what football once was and still can be. Yes, many, even other lads maybe, will condemn, but I can't help thinking good on yer. Just hope some don't get bird for this but I fear another Brum-riot style witch hunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

"Millwall, Millwall, you're all really dreadful, and your girlfriends are unfulfilled and alienated"...

Gotta love Dylan Moran!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dreamers75 wrote: »
    always make me giggle :D

I often wonder what sort of reality these people are actually living in.

Apparently if you're Irish and don't support Man United/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea, but do support another English club, you're super legit and therefore in prime position to look down on these clubs with their plastic daytripper support.

Whoever brought that poor girl there to sit amongst those apes should be ashamed of themselves.

Have a look at the video from the ESPN coverage,that guy (We'll assume he's the girls father) was in the thick of it just before that.He didn't seem to be throwing any punches or anything but was up in the cops faces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Jesus there is some tripe being posted in here. Oneupmanship, willy waving rubbish.

The scenes at Wembley yesterday were shocking. The images of the little girl crying genuinely upset me.
    Every single person involved who can be identified should have the book thrown at them.
    And Millwall have a case to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

zerks wrote: »
    Have a look at the video from the ESPN coverage,that guy (We'll assume he's the girls father) was in the thick of it just before that.He didn't seem to be throwing any punches or anything but was up in the cops faces.

How do you know he wasn't asking them to take action as the fighting had been happening for 3 minutes before they tunred up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Jesus there is some tripe being posted in here. Oneupmanship, willy waving

Welcome to boards.ie soccer....

How do you know he wasn't asking them to take action as the fighting had been happening for 3 minutes before they tunred up?

He probably was,as I said he wasn't fighting with them,most likely just pissed off as to what was going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

FA need to come down hard on Millwall and set a precedent. I would like to see them receive a 5 year ban from all cup competitions, a hefty fine in excess of £200,000. And obviously life time bans for all those involved.

Although the FA don't have the power to order them to play their next few home games behind closed doors, they can encourage the Football League to do so.

They're at this crap for years and they need to be severely punished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

grenache wrote: »
    FA need to come down hard on Millwall and set a precedent. I would like to see them receive a 5 year ban from all cup competitions, a hefty fine in excess of £200,000. And obviously life time bans for all those involved.

Although the FA don't have the power to order them to play their next few home games behind closed doors, they can encourage the Football League to do so.

The knobheads who were causing trouble yesterday would be acting like that regardless of football, they are only using it as a medium for their violence. Punish the people involved, don't punish the club for what is becoming an increasingly small minority of 'supporters'.

Owen_S wrote: »
    The knobheads who were causing trouble yesterday would be acting like that regardless of football, they are only using it as a medium for their violence. Punish the people involved, don't punish the club for what is becoming an increasingly small minority of 'supporters'.
    But why is the club selling tickets to said "supporters"? Surely they and the police know which ones are the usual suspects. Millwall could never claim to be so naive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

But why is the club selling tickets to said "supporters"? Surely they and the police know which ones are the usual suspects. Millwall could never claim to be so naive.

Tickets went on general sale apparently so i dont think the club were aware of who the tickets were been sold to. the other problem with cup games in wembley is that you can block book sections so its very easy for a ''Mob'' to buy tickets in bulk and all gather in the one section.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

zerks wrote: »
    They are actually proud of what they did today,there's a forum that I won't bother linking to that has them congratulating the guys that were fighting.
    All happened just below where I was sitting. Full on FV in a stadium let alone Wembley in front of the nation is suicidal in this day and age but I can't help seeing it as a #### you to everything I hate about what football is today, and the new Wembley sums up just about everything that's wrong with it. **** of a ground, no ####ing atmosphere and what the #### are they doing holding semi-finals there. It takes Millwall to show us what football once was and still can be. Yes, many, even other lads maybe, will condemn, but I can't help thinking good on yer. Just hope some don't get bird for this but I fear another Brum-riot style witch hunt.

What surprises me more about that is the fact that they can actually spell.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

A 5 year ban cos a few lads were throwing punches? :rolleyes:

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    A 5 year ban cos a few lads were throwing punches? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

You do realise that Millwall fans are constantly at this crap?? Be it inside or outside the stadium. The club has never been punished by way of a ban or adequate fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millwall_Bushwackers

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

:rolleyes:

You do realise that Millwall fans are constantly at this crap?? Be it inside or outside the stadium. The club has never been punished by way of a ban or adequate fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millwall_Bushwackers

Why should the honest fans be punished also? If it's tough action you're looking for send the f**kers to prison!

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Why should the honest fans be punished also? If it's tough action you're looking for send the f**kers to prison!

Because to root out the few, you have to punish the many. No it's not fair on the ordinary decent Millwall fan. But neither was it fair on clubs like Arsenal, Everton, Spurs, Forest, etc to be banned from Europe for 5 years because of the actions of renegade Liverpool fans. That ban worked though, and hooliganism is far more sporadic now than it was in the 80s.

Maybe if Millwall as a whole is punished and made an example of, the club and its fans will have no choice but to root out and deal with those cretins who attach themselves to the club as "fans". For once and for good this time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement