Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council House / Rent Allowance

Options
  • 13-04-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi I was wondering if someone could give me advice
    I recently qualified for a local authority house however I was told the list was very long due to the areas I selected.
    I am a lone parent to one child and I work 19 hours a week however I was told I wouldn't qualify for rent allowance - how can this be as I cannot afford to pay my rent and am really struggling - because I work I am not entitledm surely that system is not fair.. It was actually suggested to me that I stop working so I can get rent allowance but I want to stay working, the system is so flawed
    I don't understand how I can qualify for social housing and not qualify for rent allowane
    Also anyone with experience could you tell me how long you were waiting for a house

Advertisement