Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtle escape

Options
  • 13-04-2013 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

My baby musk turtle has somehow managed to escape from his tank. :confused:

I have looked everywhere for him, pulled everything out, put flour on the floor, left out water and food for him but I still cannot find him. No tracks in the flour. Food and water untouched.

At this stage he has been missing for about twelve hours. He is very small and only has three legs due to some sort of accident in the terrible pet shop. How long can he last without temp controled water? Any other ideas on how to find him? Extremely worried about him now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Any update on this , did you find him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

he can't have gotten far...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Avasa

Yes, I got him after two and a half days. Very dry but he has been grand since, eating and swimming around fine.
    He got through a crack in the kitchen cabinet. He eventually came out for food and water but would run back in before I could catch him. In the end I got him when he was too tired to run any more. Very scary for the both of us Id say. Poor little thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Glad to hear hes back swimming, my guy was mad for getting into small dark spaces when I first got him, hes gotten too big to get in any where now

Advertisement