Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plummeting Rental Costs In Watetford ?

Options
  • 13-04-2013 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Howdy Folks,
    My Landlord has just agreed to knock €200 off our €650 rent ,so that we'd stay when I told him we were looking for cheaper/smaller house.
    Is this a record discount by a landlord in the city ? In this century at least.
    It certainly makes a mockery of the rental web sites prices.

PS. Fellow renters out there should give it a go.
    PPS. My apologies to all you landlords.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Or he would rather keep a good tenant than have to go to the market!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Despot Dan wrote: »
    Howdy Folks,
    My Landlord has just agreed to knock €200 off our €650 rent ,so that we'd stay when I told him we were looking for cheaper/smaller house.

Ask him has he any more property :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

wow, my neighbors moved out after years and years of renting because their landlord would not knock 50 quid off to bring them inline with the rest of us renting on the street... 200 is a fair huge slice!!

H

• Registered Users Posts: 4 diver1979

We rent an apt in the city and have reduced the rent by €250 pm in the last 3 yrs. If you get the right tenants then it's worth it to keep them there.
    I'd rather have full rent but chasing after money or dealing with idiots is just not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Howdy Folks,

mortgage is prob 400 on the house, would be lost without ye id say covering it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Howdy Folks,

What part of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Despot Dan

thomasm wrote: »
    What part of the city.

It's a new ish 3 bed semi in an old part of town,with own parking.
    Does this help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Despot Dan

diver1979 wrote: »
    We rent an apt in the city and have reduced the rent by €250 pm in the last 3 yrs. If you get the right tenants then it's worth it to keep them there.
    I'd rather have full rent but chasing after money or dealing with idiots is just not worth it.

I agree. I'm in the building trade and I often work with landlords and agents
    putting things right after these "Idiots"
    There's a very bad element out there, who'll gladly give up their deposit in
    return for doing f~$*- all housework.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

I got 80pm knocked off mine, told them I was moving and it was reduced no problem

Advertisement