Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton shower - Commissioning procedure - no water flowing out?

Options
  • 13-04-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi,

I have installed a new Triton T90Z. It's all fitted and I have tested the bleed valve and water comes out. But when I run the commissioning procedure (Power selector = Cold, Temperature control at 'maximum' flow) no water comes out except for the smallest dribble.

How long should it take for a full flow of water to appear? (I don't want to leave it on too long in case the pump is damaged)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    mhtc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

As far as I remember ther is a little screw to be taken out somewhere. If you flick through the manual it should be in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

There's a little screw in the selector switch you can take out.

Temp switch to cold and flow rate to a low level no need to have it up high.

hold the shower head down low lower than the water inlet pipe.

It may take a min to pick up full pressure you have to fill the inner tank and expel all air.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mhtc

Cogsy88 wrote: »
    As far as I remember ther is a little screw to be taken out somewhere. If you flick through the manual it should be in there.

No it's not that. That screw prevents the power selector from being adjusted - you remove it once commissioning is complete.

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    It may take a min to pick up full pressure you have to fill the inner tank and expel all air.

cool, wasn't sure if it would be safe to let it run for a minute without water flowing. I'll give it ago now

mhtc wrote: »
    cool, wasn't sure if it would be safe to let it run for a minute without water flowing. I'll give it ago now

Ah it'll be right for a min just be sure to hold the head down low it'll get there don't panic you'll hear it pick up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Don't run it for a full minute. Maybe 10 seconds at a time. Take off the head and leave hose hanging down. You'll hear it in the motor when the water is coming through

Also leave the bleed screw open for a few mins to make sure all the air is out. Upon start up sometimes I also leave the shower head disconnected until water is flowing properly.

Cheers for the feedback lads. But no joy - I'll give them a ring on Monday

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Don't run it for a full minute. Maybe 10 seconds at a time.

It'll do no harm running it till the pump is primed. It probably won't even be a minute. I certainly wouldn't stop and start every 10sec.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

are the control knobs lined up correctly with the valves

• Advertisement

Keep trying sometimes it takes a while. How long is the pipe work from the tank to the shower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Try again. While the shower is on and the head is off try sucking keeping yourself and the hose lower than the shower unit. Make sure the hose isn't in the hole on the rail but dropping all the way from the shower unit. This has worked for me in the past after a few attempts

Are you sure the cold water feed is on?

Did you install the shower yourself?

Success! Had it running for a good 3-4 minutes before water came flowing. Yeah fitted myself, replacing an old T90si so not so bad...all plumbing and wiring already in place.

Thanks again for the help

Thanks again for the help

No bother. It's hit or miss how long it takes but you're there now and no harm done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

3 or 4 minutes running with no water coming out is a bit long a time i'd say.

On tricky ones I sometimes disconnect the pump and syphon it through, after first trying the syphoning with pump running.

If the supply pipe rises anywhere along the run, that can cause them to have difficulty getting primed.

Also helps to have the temp dial to the coldest. That dial is actually just a flow control. Set at coolest, has the flow rate highest, making priming a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 cool hand luke

Have you forgotten to open the valve feeding your shower? Does your tank have any water in it? Stupid question I know but worth a shot

Have you forgotten to open the valve feeding your shower? Does your tank have any water in it? Stupid question I know but worth a shot

He's got it working lad. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Trebhygt

Just did this and it worked.👏👏

• Advertisement
Advertisement