Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza Dough recipes for a Breadmamer

Options
  • 13-04-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

Sorry if its been asked before, many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Hi,
    Here is the recipe I use

1 tsp instant yeast
    450g strong white flour
    1 tsp salt
    250ml water
    2 tbsp olive oil

Use the dough setting.
    When complete, knock back and divide into two balls, or more if you are makign small pizzas.

Roll out and leave to rise for 15 minutes on a oiled baking tray covered in a tea towel. Some recipes tell you to do this, some don't. I am not so sure it makes a lot of difference.

Cover with toppings and cook at 200degrees for 10/15 minutes.

If you have never cooked fresh pizza before, experiment a bit, The cooking temp and cooking time are very dependent on the thickness of the base and the type of toppings, so be prepared to keep an eye on it while it is in the oven until you get it the way you like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Cheers for that will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

One tip I found useful when making pizzas is to have the base relatively thin and the oven temperature around 180 degrees. This way, the base will cook through and the cheese will not burn. It takes around 12-15 mins or so to cook a pizza this way.

I found with the thicker bases they don't cook as well, so you end up with undercooked,doughy pizzas that are not at all nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

This is the recipe I use.

http://www.gianni.tv/pizza-margherita-2/

It's grand other than the guy really likes saying "Buffla".

The pizzas I've made have turned out great, even though I've resorted to rolling them out with a rolling pin.

I've been separating that amount of dough into 4 pizzas. I might try 3 next time.

It's really easy and you totally don't need any baking or bread-making skills.
    You'll get the knack of kneading quite quickly and it only takes about 5-10 minutes.

On cooking, Pizza ovens are often 400C+ so turn your oven up full blast.

Mine goes to 230C (or so it says) and it take 8-12 minutes to cook a pizza, depending on how much stuff you put on it.

If you're using buffalo mozzarella, it'll probably be stored in water so slice it and then leave it dry out a bit by wrapping in kitchen paper. Soggy pizza is a no-no.
    It's also helpful to have a very thick pizza sauce.

Gbear wrote: »
    This is the recipe I use.

http://www.gianni.tv/pizza-margherita-2/

It's grand other than the guy really likes saying "Buffla".

The pizzas I've made have turned out great, even though I've resorted to rolling them out with a rolling pin.

I've been separating that amount of dough into 4 pizzas. I might try 3 next time.

It's really easy and you totally don't need any baking or bread-making skills.
    You'll get the knack of kneading quite quickly and it only takes about 5-10 minutes.

On cooking, Pizza ovens are often 400C+ so turn your oven up full blast.

Mine goes to 230C (or so it says) and it take 8-12 minutes to cook a pizza, depending on how much stuff you put on it.

If you're using buffalo mozzarella, it'll probably be stored in water so slice it and then leave it dry out a bit by wrapping in kitchen paper. Soggy pizza is a no-no.
    It's also helpful to have a very thick pizza sauce.

Can it be done in a Breadmaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Hootanany wrote: »
    Can it be done in a Breadmaker.

Probably not.

No need for one for pizza dough tbh.

But I have a bread maker and don't like my fingers getting sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Shouldn't be a problem to make the dough in the breadmaker. Have made numerous yeast based doughs in the breadmaker. The only thing you need to pay attention to is to put the ingredients into the pan in the right order. Some machines specify liquid first, others yeast.

Good luck!

Cheers for that.

Advertisement