Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3fps on some games?

Options
  • 13-04-2013 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

How do,
    I have a laptop that I use to play some games. Portal and Portal 2 work perfectly on it when I bought them through Steam. I then bought Mirror's Edge and it's dreadfully slow, unplayable. My specs are up to date for the game in hand. I have AMD Switchable Graphics with a Radeon HD 7670M 2GB external card which should do the job. Now, to be honest, I'm not really even sure if it changes to use this card when playing games. I've gone through the CCC and changed the games to High Performance and Mirror's Edge still won't run at an acceptable rate.

Anyway, I downloaded fraps to see what the framerate I was getting for certain things. Portal2 shows it to max out at 60fps, happy out. General browsing and whatnot, I get 30fps, fine. Mirror's Edge...3fps. Fixed at that, won't budge. I've tried everything in the settings, turning off Physx, rducing settings to their most basic, all to no avail. Anyone able to shed some light on this? The same happens when I play Anti-chamber too.

My specs are:
    2.5GHz with turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
    Aspire 7750G
    i5-2450M
    8GB RAM

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Bump?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The Physx should do it. How are you disabling it? Turn it off, do a full reboot and then try the game.

ED E wrote: »
    The Physx should do it. How are you disabling it? Turn it off, do a full reboot and then try the game.

I'm just changing the settings in the game and then restarting the game. Not rebooting though so I'll give that a whirl now. Cheers.

Well, would you believe it was something as simple as not having my driver up to date. I'm sure I had it updated recently and this problem has persisted longer than that but hey, it works now. Thanks for you input though.

Advertisement