Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Kobo glo / Digital Editions

Options
  • 13-04-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I recently bought a Kobo Glo eReader and I have been able to drag and drop epubs & mobi files onto it no bother. However I bought a book from Easons and can't open it!! I keep getting "This document is protected by Adobe Digitial Rights Management (DRM) and is currently not authorised for use with your Adobe id. Please sign in with the authorised Adobe id and try again" when I connect the kobo to my PC & open digital editions it tells me that the device is authorised. I've tried turning the device off & on again and I've tried deauthorising and reauthorising but no good!! Anyone have any ideas please?? Am I missing something??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Can you open the book in ADE? Then kill DRM and be done with it.

(note: do not give it to others, that would be piracy)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ellie1511

Thanks Torqay, I can open it in ADE but how do I kill DRM???!!! (It downloaded as a.acsm file)

ellie1511 wrote: »
    (It downloaded as a.acsm file)

First of all, the ACSM file is not the actual book, it's only a ticket to download the book. Open your Document folder, find the subfolder ‘My Digital Editions” and look for the EPUB.

Thanks guys, I did a Factory Reset out of frustration and it worked! Hopefully I won't have to do that every time I buy an eBook outside of Kobo!!

You shouldn't have to.

This cr@p is the reason why I liberate all my eBooks. I'm running ADE in a disposable VM (virtual machine) with all the necessary python scripts on board and buy my books with disposable credit cards and email addresses. Only DRM-free ebooks will end up on my devices. I shall not be tracked nor profiled by Adobe, Amazon et al as to which book I'm reading on my Kobo, smartphone or any other suitable computing device I happen to own. It's just none of their effin' business. ;)

• Advertisement

I agree Torqay but I'm not tech savvy enough to do all that unfortunately!!!

Advertisement