Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheated wife

Options
  • 13-04-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi all;

My wife cheated on me with other guy, married for 8 years and now we want to divorce. Do we still have to wait 5 years to get divorced?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You can divorce after four years of living seperately.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Forerunner

Stheno wrote: »
    You can divorce after four years of living seperately.

so still have to wait 4 f.....years :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Forerunner wrote: »
    so still have to wait 4 f.....years :(:(
    Unfortunatly yes.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/separation_and_divorce/separation_agreement.html

You could apply for a deed of separation at any time. Its not a divorce and your not free to remarry but it is legally binding. Have a read of the link i posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

In the case of adultery you can apply for a Judicial Separation straight away. This is where a court decides how you split rather than by agreement . VERY costly ,will get you legally separated but it's not divorce. Anyway I presume you are in no hurry to remarry OP so there's little difference.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

sffc wrote: »
    This is where a court decides how you split rather than by agreement .
    What do you mean by this?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

2011 wrote: »

Thanks in advance
    Have a look at the link i posted and scroll to "Deed Of Separation". It tells you what's what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

2011 wrote: »

Thanks in advance

With a Judicial Separation a Judge in court decides for example who pays the mortgage and what % . With an agreement called a Deed of Separation you and your ex decide whats fair and sign this agreement covering all the decisions . You avoid court and save thousands ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BillyBean

Welcome to the club Forerunner ... Its not easy!!

Advertisement