Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student grant query

Options
  • 13-04-2013 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi ,

Just wondering am very interested in doing a VEC fulltime course in September, am working part time and will have to leave job to do it. Iv heard I would be entitled to jsb but thats after nine weeks , and am also wondering anyone in same boat as me that could tell be about grants etc if im entitled to any. I have 2 kids and husband i live with and we are a low income house hes self employed, or is there anywhere that could tell me . This is making my head spin as I know I really want to do this course, but am abit worried financially.
    regards,
    amarie:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

You need to have 3 months (74 days) on JSA or JSB to receive a social welfare payment while studying full-time on a FETAC level 5/ 6 course.

As regards the grant that's a means tested payment so its not possible to tell you whether or not you will be eligible for it without knowing your circumstances. Decisions are made on the basis of your income for the last full tax year so if you apply for a grant for the coming September its the income from 2012 that's assessed. Details are available on the website: http://www.studentfinance.ie

Would it be possible to do the course part-time?

Advertisement