Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda and district anglers waters for brown trout

Options
  • 13-04-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

Just wondering would anybody know if these waters are good for brown trout or are they salmon/seatrout waters mostly?

I fished parts of it last year ( day permits ) with limited success for brownies ( did catch some sea trout later in the summer when it was just dark though!

I'm not too far from Drogheda, looking to joing a club to fly fish, but had a lot more success on the boyne nearer Navan.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

They also have a put and take resevoir

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

Think they have a bit of trout water at the scabby arch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TheFlyFisher

Thanks for the replies, I think the put and take would be the one, checked the web and they don't have scabby arch.. Which is one of the areas mentioned for trout,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

Thanks for the replies, I think the put and take would be the one, checked the web and they don't have scabby arch.. Which is one of the areas mentioned for trout,

Thanks
    Sent you a PM

Advertisement