Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke City vs Manchester United Match Thread 14/04/2012 k.o 14.05 SkySports.

• 13-04-2013 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

BadgeStoke_City.pngstoke-v-united.jpgBadgeManchester_United.png

Probable Lineups:

stoke_1.pngimage-7_zpsc3a415b9.jpgManchesterUnitedAway2011-2012.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Reports from todays papers that Pulis could be sacked if United hammer Stoke,the way we've been meandering through games lately,his job is safe.

2-1 to United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Hard to know how this will go. Stoke have been very poor lately but Utd have looked very lethargic as well. Could be an awful game. Games involving Stoke are rarely entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hope united hammer em and put em that bit closer to the drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not overly confident of 3 points. Confident too that we wont lose but has makings of a 1-0 to United and another poor performance.

klose wrote: »
    Hope united hammer em and put em that bit closer to the drop.

I agree. It's gonna be strange watching a Utd game and hoping they win.

I really cannot stand Stoke tho. Sooner they're gone the better.

Come on Utd. Oh the shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

zerks wrote: »
    Reports from todays papers that Pulis could be sacked if United hammer Stoke,the way we've been meandering through games lately,his job is safe.

2-1 to United.
    That would surely be up there with the most outrageous sackings in Premiership history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Its odd how many neutrals will be wanting United to win today even though a Stoke win would make the title race interesting!

Lotsa love for Stoke out there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I'll back the draw i think. RSVP to fire blanks again - sign of the times for united :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Two goals min for united il be looking for today. United hopefully a clean sheet too. We need to get off this recent form and destroy the few teams we have left to play. Although stoke can be a tough team to beat, I think we can do it in style.

Hopefully RVP or Rooney can get atleast one, then Carrick if he is playing.

Good news: Niall Quinn is co-commentating on the Newcastle v Sunderland game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Good news: Niall Quinn is co-commentating on the Newcastle v Sunderland game.

It will probably by Davy Provan with Tyler. Against Stoke it could turn out to be the David De Gea show with them pair. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I hope Utd absolutely batter the anti-football brigade and send Pulis to the job centre.

236d68767631c208b5f0c40ce48d88e5.jpg?v=270000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Any teams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Rooney, RVP and Chico start

Full teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any teams?

Rooney, RVP and Chico start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

MUFC; De Gea, Vidic, Evra, Jones, Ferdinand, Kagawa, Carrick, Valencia, Rooney, Hernandez, van Persie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Subs; Lindegaard, Evans, Giggs, Smalling, Welbeck, Cleverley, Buttner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

MUFC; De Gea, Vidic, Evra, Jones, Ferdinand, Kagawa, Carrick, Valencia, Rooney, Hernandez, van Persie.

Will that be Rooney or kagawa beside Carrick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's amazing how many starts Valencia is getting.

Kag, looks like rooney left mid

strange selection really but im guessing fergie is planning with 3 games in a week

Could be Jones with Valencia at RB.

Kag, looks like rooney left mid
    Any time Stoke have the ball it will be going over the heads of the midfielders anyway.

adox wrote: »
    Id imagine jones will play left back just for his arial ability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

What I would have thought but MUTV seem to think it's Rooney CM with Carrick, Kagawa on the left and Valencia on the right, Jones right back. Maybe they're just guessing as well.

Evra.

Any time Stoke have the ball it will be going over the heads of the midfielders anyway.

Rooney is too good to be played out of position. Its really annoying

RB surely?

Sorry i meant Right Back. Would be very strange if evra didn't pay left back.

• Advertisement

Rooney hasnt looked too sharp up front recently, either has RVP for that matter.

He will battle in midfield, cleverly will tire out after an hour, Giggs already played this week and Ando is too unpredictable.

Meh he's annoyed me lately. Had very little impact, looked to be huffing and puffing after a few minutes.

I know I'll probably get crucified for this on here but, I really do wonder about his attitude sometimes.

Anyway hopefully he'll have a stormer and Utd wrap up the 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

No nani??

:(

I'd have Cleverley in before Rooney in CM if that is indeed the choice.

Rooney hasnt looked too sharp up front recently, either has RVP for that matter.

He will battle in midfield, cleverly will tire out after an hour, Giggs already played this week and Ando is too unpredictable.

The only way players can get back to their best is to play them in their best positions. Rooney is being asked to do a job for the team but it really is at the expense of getting him back to form.

Nani is in a similar situation but not getting games full stop. Being brought in for 1 game here and there and he will not play well.

Wallop Stoke, batter West Ham. Get this over and done with soon as possible.
    F**k this fluting around with 1-0 wins. It's not good for the nerves and hanging on to a slender lead will come back and bite you in the arse eventually.

• Advertisement

No Falcao or Lewandowski?? :pac:

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Wallop Stoke, batter West Ham. Get this over and done with soon as possible.
    F**k this fluting around with 1-0 wins. It's not good for the nerves and hanging on to a slender lead will come back and bite you in the arse eventually.

Hasn't bit ye on the arse too often this season. If at all...

The only way players can get back to their best is to play them in their best positions. Rooney is being asked to do a job for the team but it really is at the expense of getting him back to form.

Nani is in a similar situation but not getting games full stop. Being brought in for 1 game here and there and he will not play well.

On current form Rooney doesnt deserve a place up front. So he can sit on the bench or play midfield. I'm with Adox on wondering about his attitude as well.

Hasn't bit ye on the arse too often this season. If at all...

Hence the word eventually

Happened in the Spurs game not so long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I hope the lineup isn't a 4-4-2. He has three strikers and an attacking midfielder Silva/Mata type player in there. If it is a 4-4-2 I hope Rooney is in center mid rather than on the wing.
    No Falcao or Lewandowski?? :pac:

Strootman? Strootman strootman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Maybe it's

De Gea

Jones----Ferdinand---Vidic----Evra

Carrick

Valencia
    Kagawa

Rooney

VP
    Chicho

On current form Rooney doesnt deserve a place up front. So he can sit on the bench or play midfield. I'm with Adox on wondering about his attitude as well.

He doesnt look sharp. The only way we get him back to his best is to let him have a run of games up front. Form doesnt just happen

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Hence the word eventually

Happened in the Spurs game not so long ago.

True. Still though,the leagues over,I don't know what you're so worried about.

Who said anything about worried?
    I want us to march to the title, battering everything in sight.
    The season is fizzling out a bit and that will be enough anyway but that's not the way you want to be winning it.

He doesnt look sharp. The only way we get him back to his best is to let him have a run of games up front. Form doesnt just happen
    I would like to see an in form Rooney as much as anyone but we need 3 points today and Chico has a decent record against Stoke. If anything he will see a lot more of the ball in midfield so should get sharper quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

IF we draw today and City win it goes to 10. We then have to go to Arsenal and play Chelsea. Two games we could easily lose, especially with the form we are in. A draw at one and a loss at one with City wins brings the lead to 6 points with 4 games left.

Of course, we could go on and win the rest of our games with ease but still, it's not over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

It's amazing how many starts Valencia is getting.

Its ****ing ridiculous is what it is. You wouldn't see it at a sunday league team, a player being ****ing woeful all season but still keeping his place ahead of other viable options. Utter bull****.

I would like to see an in form Rooney as much as anyone but we need 3 points today and Chico has a decent record against Stoke. If anything he will see a lot more of the ball in midfield so should get sharper quicker.

Dont agree with this at all but its not really for the match thread.

I think we can both agree in saying - Cmon United!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Looks like its the end for Nani :(

Keno 92 wrote: »
    IF we draw today and City win it goes to 10. We then have to go to Arsenal and play Chelsea. Two games we could easily lose, especially with the form we are in. A draw at one and a loss at one with City wins brings the lead to 6 points with 4 games left.

Of course, we could go on and win the rest of our games with ease but still, it's not over.

Fair enough but do you really think City are good enough to win all their remaining games? I very much doubt it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement