Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned for 2 days

Options
  • 13-04-2013 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

i was banned for a point of view when i asked why did leinster supporter always bash other non leinster supporter if the don't agree with them and leinster supporter bash and insult non leinster supporter , i would have though at least i would have got a warning , but i didn't ,
    i think it unfair to get banned for asking a question ,, i guess it was alright by admins like justsomebloke admin to ban me if i ask a question to why its ok for other on same thread to bash and insult me and they don't get banned i would guess but im sure i get a excuse

i'm not going to Apoligise for what i asked to why non leinster supporter can insult and bash others wh clearly are leinster supporters

and it was a question i asked

so why didn't i get a warning first

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you PM'd the mod that banned you to discuss the ban as set out above? This is the first step to take before starting a thread here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

yes , i have talked to the mod, i didn't a warning ,, the mod says theres a section at first post which i didnt see as i didnt read the whole thread , , so this seem to cover the mod that issues me ban, in the past , if a poster syas something, a mod will warn that poster and give notice a
    both the post the poster is getting warned about but this didn't happen in my case ,

i dont tend to post too much these days on boards and also know others who dont bother either as there seems to be a culture of hardline posters who spend there life on boards and if another poster doesn't agree with them
    they wait and use the report button, these poster would do poster bashing and insult the poster till the poster , me in this case says something they can see if they can report me on,
    yes i could have reported them for poster bashing in personal insulting, but i tried to be adult about it but it seems they can't and they use the weapon of reprt button to get there way, and the mods who don't mnd , will do as they ask, some mods are good, some mods are not
    boards seems to have come down in standards and not the same as it use to be, it put off some posters i know from posting as they would get targeted by a selected group on each area, most know who these hardline posters are ,, i know if i post , and say in a open way , i may get targeted, and i did , so i wasn't surprised
    so maybe i should do as these posters , setup posters , so mods can do what they want to a poster that doesn't a grre with them,

but you know what, i won't bother, if i get targeted again, i do what they do, use the report button,

boards standards has gone poor when certain elements can get away with things and insult , bash a poster when they don't llike what they say ,,
    i know talking to the mod who banned me is a total waste of time , specially as that mod didn't give me a warning as that mod was too lazy too, the
    mod didnt even read to see what i wrote on thread to fill in the background to see why,, just the post the bashing post the bashing poster reported ,, very sad modding by justsomebloke

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I've looked at this

There was a clear warning in the opening post of the thread

Although that warning specifically mentioned abuse of players/refs it was stated there would be no other in-thread warnings, and you could assume it related to trolling also. The thread title included "**read post 1"

Hence you have absolutely no excuse for missing the warning

As I'm sure you are aware the forum suffers regularly from trolling between Munster and Leinster fans, and there is a special section in the forum charter covering this
    On this forum there is a fair bit of natural tribalism. We are not against that, it's very good and part of the game. Unfortunately, some people don't know how to handle it. constant arguing, bickering, bitching etc will result in bans. If a thread is pulled off topic by this behaviour all participants will be banned. Instead of getting involved and getting banned, report the posts.

During the course of the thread you repeatedly made exactly the same point over and over again (from a cursory glance in over 30 separate posts made in less than 3 hours). In some cases you made specific attempsts to compare and contrast with what would have happened if a Leinster player had been involved. It does not matter what the point is you were making, the fact you continued to make it so many times clearly had the effect of winding up a number of posters (mainly Leinster fans)

You also made this post
    why is it when non leinster supporters here don't agree with leinster supporters , they get childish and poster bashing, really shows their weak side
    always same bunch too ,
    A specific attack on Leinster supporters/boards users. That is the post that ultiomately resulted in your 2 day ban. Under the in-thread warning you could have expected a 2 week ban, and to be honest you have got off lightly. You were trolling Leinster fans, which is specifically against the forum charter. I can see no reason to overturn the ban

You may, if you wish, ask for an Admin to review this decision

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, I've looked at this

There was a clear warning in the opening post of the thread

Although that warning specifically mentioned abuse of players/refs it was stated there would be no other in-thread warnings, and you could assume it related to trolling also. The thread title included "**read post 1"

Hence you have absolutely no excuse for missing the warning

As I'm sure you are aware the forum suffers regularly from trolling between Munster and Leinster fans, and there is a special section in the forum charter covering this

During the course of the thread you repeatedly made exactly the same point over and over again (from a cursory glance in over 30 separate posts made in less than 3 hours). In some cases you made specific attempsts to compare and contrast with what would have happened if a Leinster player had been involved. It does not matter what the point is you were making, the fact you continued to make it so many times clearly had the effect of winding up a number of posters (mainly Leinster fans)

You also made this post

A specific attack on Leinster supporters/boards users. That is the post that ultiomately resulted in your 2 day ban. Under the in-thread warning you could have expected a 2 week ban, and to be honest you have got off lightly. You were trolling Leinster fans, which is specifically against the forum charter. I can see no reason to overturn the ban

You may, if you wish, ask for an Admin to review this decision
    i didn't expect you to over turn the ban ,it rarely happens i suspect
    i made a general comment to why lenister supporters did , which seem to be same posters all the time who target other posters who don't agree with them
    and if you look at the posts before and after , i was being trolled , insulted by same , probably the poster who reported me was one of posters who trolled and insulted me but as i didn't use the report button as some of clever people like to use and i didnt
    while you where looking at my posts, did you see the targeted posts at me , which was being personal and i would think was againist the rules, did you give them a ban ? , maybe not , as wasn't reported
    seesm very selective
    i disagree with you that i was trying to wind up leinster posters, these posters where not happy with my answer that i didnt think poc should be cited or banned , i used the words entented or mis-kicked,
    a open view viewer would see it was a matter of some didn't agree with me and i didn't agree with them , then some of these posters got personal and insulted views , even by a mod , which i was very surprised at ,
    did you see that mod post ?,,
    seems people get banned or warned mostly when others report, these posters who seem to hardline posters know how to use the system well to get others in trouble with bans and warnings

so the lesson here is to be as clever as these hardline posters and be careful

If you have a problem with a post, please report it. In a fast-flowing thread like that it's often not possible for mods to look at every post, and they are more likely to act on one that is reported than one that is not

This process is not for discussing other posters or their posts and I am not going to comment further on such posts/posters here

Can you please confirm whether this appeal can be marked as resolved, or if you wish an Admin to review it

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    If you have a problem with a post, please report it. In a fast-flowing thread like that it's often not possible for mods to look at every post, and they are more likely to act on one that is reported than one that is not

This process is not for discussing other posters or their posts and I am not going to comment further on such posts/posters here

Can you please confirm whether this appeal can be marked as resolved, or if you wish an Admin to review it
    normally, mods would come on to claim posters down , this didn't happen

for me. i don't agree with ban but if you want to mark it resolved,thats up to you

i don't agree with ban but if you want to mark it resolved,thats up to you
    Could this one be marked as resolved

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement