Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting hygiene among fellow workers and boss

Options
  • 14-04-2013 9:16am
    Site Banned Posts: 79 ✭✭

My team and boss seem to be outdoing themselves when it comes to hygiene in the workplace. One lad is a vegan and believes (per the Steve Jobs book) his diet means he only requires monthly showers ! There are 3 lads and 1 girl who engage in farting competitions and will eat beans or currys at lunch to increase noxiousness - it's disgusting. The newest member of the team wont wash her hair. The boss regularly picks his nose and eats it at his desk. He also hacks up phlegm all the time into a tissue. What can I do? HR is a single woman also somewhat not clean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Bulky Boy wrote: »
    My team and boss seem to be outdoing themselves when it comes to hygiene in the workplace. One lad is a vegan and believes (per the Steve Jobs book) his diet means he only requires monthly showers ! There are 3 lads and 1 girl who engage in farting competitions and will eat beans or currys at lunch to increase noxiousness - it's disgusting. The newest member of the team wont wash her hair. The boss regularly picks his nose and eats it at his desk. He also hacks up phlegm all the time into a tissue. What can I do? HR is a single woman also somewhat not clean

Farting competitions, unclean HR advisor, phlegm hacking.

I'd apply for another job to be honest.

• Site Banned Posts: 79 ✭✭Bulky Boy

boobar wrote: »
    Farting competitions, unclean HR advisor, phlegm hacking.

I'd apply for another job to be honest.

I earn loads in the job and I like the work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

In any situation like this, you have 3 options. Exit, Voice, or Loyalty.

So far, you've been just doing Loyalty, silently (I guess). You seem to have ruled out Exit (even though it's the obvious one).

What about saying something to them, then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Depending on the business and if you have drop in customers why not write a letter saying that the place stank something awful and that they lost custom because of it?

Edit: from an anon customer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Bulky Boy wrote: »
    I earn loads in the job and I like the work

OK, have you tried talking to them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

OP is a re-reg troll.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement