Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HCl Technologies

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

Spoke to some friends who worked for them.
    I was actually considering going for the job, but no way after what I've heard from people.

They sound like a horrible bunch to work for. So much stress and confrontation. Their staff turnover is massive apparently.
    No thanks from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

If you have a different job that pays more money and has better hours then fair play to you. Some people don't have that luxury and the chance to get any job and gain experience to move on (like you seem to have done) can be a big motivating factor.

A job is what you want it to be - something to pay the bills, a career, a stepping stone to something else etc. The sense of entitlement of people that they are better than certain jobs because of pay, conditions, title of job is something that always amazes me.

Note - I have no connection to HCL or BOI and have never worked for either company.

I agree. Even if you can stick it out for 6 months/ year and have something to put on the CV and then move onto something more suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

oak5548 wrote: »
    Spoke to some friends who worked for them.
    I was actually considering going for the job, but no way after what I've heard from people.

They sound like a horrible bunch to work for. So much stress and confrontation. Their staff turnover is massive apparently.
    No thanks from me.

What happens out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Brother in law worked there for a while, kept his head down and got on ok, didn't have any run ins with management and would have stuck it out had nothing else came along. Saying that, he couldn't wait to leave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cristina dracea

hi, does anyone know how much are they paying/hour for a customer care role? thanks. i already have a job, so i dont know if will be worth attending the interview as i have to request a day off. thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Not sure but a quick google threw up this advert for the customer care role.

http://www.bestjobs.ie/bt-jobd-edelcawley-0.htm
    Wage/Salary: €8.65/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Have a interview here this week for the meteor customer care position. I'm currently doing a internship doing what I love but with Christmas coming up its a bit hard to get by on that money. 2 of my mates work there and they enjoy it but they said it's not for everyone. 3 people joined the other day and all walked out but it's close to me so could walk to work and bring my own lunches something I couldn't do with my internship. Anyone work with them or have experience in a call centre give me some advice is it really that bad? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chg1980

I worked here for 18 months after i staring the thread. while delighted to get the job .. its a place that just pulls you down and get stuck in a rut. for people applying its probably ok to gain expierance. it is out sourced work for bank of ireland . they do banking 365 customer service fraud departments and the british bank of ireland post office accounts. if your looking for a job there the fraud section is said to be the best to be in. the people there are great i made many friends , but the managment and how things are run is where people have problems with.

to start with all promotions are to be done internal ( which is great) not so great when the good friend of the unit manager gets the promotion they actaully changed the expierance required on the application after it was advertised when he was going to apply to suit his. ( not half obvious who was going to get that ) people getting promotions which include pay rises without job ever been advertised. the list goes on. I know a few people who went to dublin for a week to train in new bank of ireland work and at the time i left were waiting six months you get there expenses for the accomadation.

There all about security which given the nature of the job is a must. but here again I know a few people who were given written warnings for photos been taking on the call floor ( cameras moblie phones ect banned ) at the same time there was a photo going round of all the manegment and team leaders posing in a picture on the call floor. all log in details for systems are never to be shared and if the are its a sacking offence yet i know of someone who after going home sick got a txt msg from a team leader looking for all there log in details to give to someone who was training.
    I have seen people been told in front of everyone they were been called for a hr meeting and the same when given letter of warning no tact in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 BarcoeM

Hi there... I have seen via Facebook that HCL are recruiting in Kilkenny at the momemt... Can anyone give me some general information about this company and the job opportunities?? As what is up here at present is going back a while...

I am hoping that things have possibly changed??

Any information would be gladly appreciated..

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chg1980

BarcoeM wrote: »
    Hi there... I have seen via Facebook that HCL are recruiting in Kilkenny at the momemt... Can anyone give me some general information about this company and the job opportunities?? As what is up here at present is going back a while...

I am hoping that things have possibly changed??

Any information would be gladly appreciated..

Thank you

dont go near the place is my advice from what i hear it hag worse now a 24 hour centre wirking nights and weekends for minimium wage

• Registered Users Posts: 12 amykelly1121

Is anyone starting next week ? In Dublin

Advertisement