Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website for cummunity group

Options
  • 14-04-2013 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

Hi,

It's been a long long time since I've done any development, currently in a business analyst role.

A local community group have approached me to develop a website for them and to do it as cheaply as possible.

In the past, I've used Weebly and found it grand but the hosting of the website was a tad expensive.

The new website will have 5 static pages.

Home
    About
    Contact Us
    What's New
    Gallery

What tools should I consider as an alternative to weebly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tommy890

Hi
    I done one a while back for a group using WordPress. Easy for them to update and maintain. I would not be an expert but it does the job
    boobar wrote: »
    Hi,

It's been a long long time since I've done any development, currently in a business analyst role.

A local community group have approached me to develop a website for them and to do it as cheaply as possible.

In the past, I've used Weebly and found it grand but the hosting of the website was a tad expensive.

The new website will have 5 static pages.

Home
    About
    Contact Us
    What's New
    Gallery

So 2 questions

What are the cheapest options for hosting something like this? I might develop another few sites for other local groups so prices to host multiple sites e.g 4 might be helpful.

What tools should I consider as an alternative to weebly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Wordpress or Joomla would do the job. Although there is a massive botnet attacking wordpress sites at the moment. They seem to be targeted more than Joomla.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jgh_

The typo in the title is hilarious...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭akagaby

jgh_ wrote: »
    The typo in the title is hilarious...
    :eek:

Advertisement