Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone would not turn on , no sound, but could be rang?

• 14-04-2013 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Yesterday my iphone 4s was working fine. I took a phone call and then left it on my bed. I was then on my Pc and returned 15 minutes later.

The phone was completely dead even though the battery did not need charging.
    I even tried several different wires, plugs, sockets and Pc and nothing on screen just dead and no result from leaving the charger plugged in.

There was no sound and no response but yet when i rang it from my house phone and my brothers phone it rang and went to voicemail.

I tried later but then it no longer rang and just went straight to voicemail.

I tried it to turn it on and the symbol with the battery is came on saying it needs charging.

It is now at the moment back to life. F**k it anyway.

I was hoping it remain knackered so i could send it off to be fixed properly or exchange it while i have the insurance.

I googled this problem and others mentioned having the same problem. I dont know if theirs was fixed overnight though like mine.

Anybody else ever here of this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭brianomc

Happened me last night, was working fine at midnight, went to sleep, alarm never went off and I woke up 2 hours after I was meant to be in work. Completely black screen, home button didnt work, power button didnt work, taking it off charge and putting it back on made no sounds or vibrations.

Phone was almost fully charged going to sleep and was on charge. I didn't get the "needs to be charged" screen when it came back on. Battery was at 99% when I first looked at the battery amount.

If you press and hold the home and power buttons together for a few seconds it seems to come back on.

Same thing happened a friend of mine 2 weeks ago, I was ringing him, it made the usual sounds in my phone, but his phone was lifeless. Will check later if it has happened since.

I'm still running 6.1.2 on a non-jailbroken phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Happened to me a few times on iOS 5 with an iPhone 4 when it was jail broken and not. Anytime it happened I just rebooted using the home and sleep buttons until the apple logo appeared and it was fine after that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Ive the iphone 4s and it was never jailbroken. I tried holding down both the Home button and button at the top but nothing.

It was freezing a few weeks ago. Even happened when i rang o2 to get my pin number as i was going to turn the phone off and on and didn't know my pin.

It froze so i could not end the call and it went straight to a customer car agent. I had to tell her to politely hang up cause i was in work and could not end the call.

My last 3g iphone was freezing a lot before i upgraded and exchanged it for the 4s.

Also my ipad 2 is crashing quite regularly. It seems to me that apple just make flashy unreliable products and don't actually live up to the hype.

I might be looking at a samsung when I can upgrade in a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

lightspeed wrote: »
    Ive the iphone 4s and it was never jailbroken. I tried holding down both the Home button and button at the top but nothing.

It was freezing a few weeks ago. Even happened when i rang o2 to get my pin number as i was going to turn the phone off and on and didn't know my pin.

Holding home and sleep (power) button simultaneously should always reboot the phone (or ipad) if it doesn't you didn't hold them long enough (keep holding 'm even when the "slide the power off" screen comes on) Some people are of the opinion if you never reboot your phone this creates problems over time. Since you don't even ever switch it off this might be the reason. Give it a try I'd say. Btw what pin are you referring to? Your sim pin I assume? If its your phone pin your provider can't help you as you set that yourself, but I guess you don't have one set...

flyguy wrote: »
    Holding home and sleep (power) button simultaneously should always reboot the phone (or ipad) if it doesn't you didn't hold them long enough (keep holding 'm even when the "slide the power off" screen comes on) Some people are of the opinion if you never reboot your phone this creates problems over time. Since you don't even ever switch it off this might be the reason. Give it a try I'd say. Btw what pin are you referring to? Your sim pin I assume? If its your phone pin your provider can't help you as you set that yourself, but I guess you don't have one set...
    Slide to power off doesn't appear anymore for a reboot, think they changed it for iOS 6 and of course the network can help with the pin, chances are its the preset one and if that doesn't work they can supply the PUK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I only said the network wouldn't be able to help with a phone pin (passcode) and yes they will be able to help with the sim pin (or puk).

flyguy wrote: »
    I only said the network wouldn't be able to help with a phone pin (passcode) and yes they will be able to help with the sim pin (or puk).

Sorry only noticed that now. If you set a pass code and can't remember it I think connecting to iTunes will ilunlock it

Advertisement