Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo impact

• 14-04-2013 10:37am
    Site Banned Posts: 79 ✭✭

What do you think the impact of a heavy "fierce" tattoo is? I am thinking of getting involved in MMA and wondering if an impressive tattoo would be beneficial ? Love to get your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

What's a heavy "fierce" tattoo?

I can't see any tattoo being benefical to you in MMA. Half the lads involved have tats so they'd be well used to them. It's not like they are going to intimidated by you having one, assuming that's the benefit you're talking.

The other thing here is don't get a tattoo unless you really want a tattoo. Don't get it to impress people.

• Site Banned Posts: 79 ✭✭Bulky Boy

Orim wrote: »
    What's a heavy "fierce" tattoo?

I can't see any tattoo being benefical to you in MMA. Half the lads involved have tats so they'd be well used to them. It's not like they are going to intimidated by you having one, assuming that's the benefit you're talking.

The other thing here is don't get a tattoo unless you really want a tattoo. Don't get it to impress people.

Maybe a machete dripping with red blood?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I have some heavy "fierce" tattoos and I couldn't punch my way out of a wet paper bag. Go to the gym and train if you want to be good at MMA ffs.

I have some heavy "fierce" tattoos and I couldn't punch my way out of a wet paper bag. Go to the gym and train if you want to be good at MMA ffs.

Yeah I am doing that and eating a good diet but every edge is needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Bulky Boy wrote: »
    Yeah I am doing that and eating a good diet but every edge is needed

Given that a lot of them are tattooed, it won't matter what you have tattoo wise, it's not going to intimidate anyone that is used to seeing tattoos. If you get something specifically for that reason, then you'll probably end up regretting it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I don't think having a tattoo will make a difference. But I would go for some large, heavy blackwork or a big tribal, not exactly intimidating but you'll look the part! Plus it'll still look cool when you're done with fighting.

Something like a machete might be a little laughable, unless really well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Tattoos don't make you hard... Fact

Hard work and dedication is what you need, not ink. The healing time for any large piece could see you miss months of training in total which would be far more beneficial to you I'd say than any amount of ink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

Get your full body blacked out

Chikablam wrote: »
    Get your full body blacked out

Is it possible to get a white tattoo on top of blacked out skin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Maybe get your whole body done with a black chainlink pattern and use your new tattoo to blend in with the cage and just hit your opponent with surprise attacks while he looks for you???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Get a portrait of this guy across your chest,with this famous saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Having a tattoo isn't going to make you look intimidating or hard. Muscles, and lots of them, will.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 zman17

IF I WAS IN MMA ID GET A TRIBAL ONE LIKE THIS https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6Fgh32Q5VsZTOXeuQz9iDI9bXeufoq9xlTvz5IJxwuR3GbQEc UNFORTUNITLY I DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT FIGURE SO IM NOT GOING FOR THIS ONE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Having a tattoo in MMA won't make a fart of a difference. It's a tattoo, not a magic spell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Having a tattoo in MMA won't make a fart of a difference. It's a tattoo, not a magic spell.

Doesn't matter. The OP was banned so looks like he was trolling somewhere else too. What, did he think a "cool" tattoo would make him a better fighter?? :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter. The OP was banned so looks like he was trolling somewhere else too. What, did he think a "cool" tattoo would make him a better fighter?? :rolleyes:

If that was the case I'd be a lot tougher.... and probably wouldn't apolagise to myself when I bump into me in the mirror. Rawr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Banned from boards and a tattoo of a machete?

Wouldn't want to run into him in a dark alley :rolleyes:

Orim wrote: »
    Banned from boards and a tattoo of a machete?

Wouldn't want to run into him in a dark alley :rolleyes:

I think I could take him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I KNOW you could!!! Raawwwwrrr! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Depends on what tattoo you had if you could take him or not :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Apart from Sak Yant, which are both tattoos AND magic spells, some of which are designed to ward of pain or damage.*

*Still not guaranteed to make a shyte of a difference in an MMA bout, obviously.

Depends on what tattoo you had if you could take him or not :)

I have a mean lookin' skull on my leg. Come at me, I dare ya!!

I have a mean lookin' skull on my leg. Come at me, I dare ya!!
    Yeah well I have two wolves, a tiger and an eagle on me
    I'm gettin animal kingdom involved

:P

Yeah well I have two wolves, a tiger and an eagle on me
    I'm gettin animal kingdom involved

:P

I'll distract them with my delicious cupcake! I win!!

I'll distract them with my delicious cupcake! I win!!

Well played :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

This is clearly a wind up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I remember when Brock Lesnar got a tattoo on his chest prior to his MMA career. A phallic sword probably wasn't the best of ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thread isn't going anywhere productive, and the poster seems to have been trolling in the first place. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement