Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good IPA kit

Options
  • 14-04-2013 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Hey gang, just wondering if anyone can recommend a good IPA kit, something along the lines of O'Hara's and Proper Job IPA, also what would I need to put in the kit to improve the taste, I'm after getting a taste for this stuff lately and would love to get a nice kit to try out

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Coopers Draught is along those lines. Try dry-hopping with 20 or 30g of Centennial, Citra or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Thanks for the reply, just wondering what the process is with the dry hopin, I haven't done that yet

Just throw them in loose a week before bottling.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭lang

BeerNut wrote: »
    Just throw them in loose a week before bottling.

Just a little addition to the above comment:

I have found that if you put the Hops in a bit of Muslin cloth and then place this 'bag' in the fermenter as above. I sanitise the Muslin all the time and I make sure there is enough room in the 'bag' for the hops to swell a little.

The coopers IPA kit is quite good. I added 30g of cascade hops to my last batch of it. Very tasty beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭joctcl

Pellets are better for dry hopping.
    I use the muslin if I have leaf with a big sanitised marble in the bottom to sink it.
    Try not to leave for longer than 2 weeks dry hopping in secondary otherwise you will get grassy flavours coming through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Plus 1 on the Coopers IPA. Lovely sup...:)

The Coopers IPA is great but it's a fair bit darker than the beers mentioned in the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

BeerNut wrote: »
    Coopers Draught is along those lines. Try dry-hopping with 20 or 30g of Centennial, Citra or the like.

Sorry to hijack a thread but I just put on a coopers IPA on Monday and would like to try some dry-hopping - is there any place in Dublin where you can get hops or will I just have to get them delivered from one of the online sites?

Advertisement