Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting shops online help

Options
  • 14-04-2013 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need help in rasing an issue further,i reported a complaint i had about a a local shop but part of a larger chain(one you see on nearly every street) to their websites online contact us forum...a week later i had no reply so i sent a follow up email and still a week later i have heard nothing.

Iv worked in customer care and complaints departments and know that complaints can take up to 10 working days however even a standard reply mail to say it is being looked into should be sent and would have done me.

Now i would like to report this higher but im not sure where to go or who the regulater of such a shop would be.

Can any advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

How about a registered letter to the Irish HQ, as well as the Managing Director? emails are all too easy to ignore or leave at the bottom of the pile.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

There appears to be a perception that there is somebody to make a report to concerning any type of problem. That's not so. We have regulators only in some areas of business.

Most retail in Ireland is unregulated, although you can report traders in relation to some things - for example, food safety.

If you believe that you have been wronged by a trader, you could look into using the court system for a remedy.

Advertisement