Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vamo not working

Options
  • 14-04-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

When I try to switch on my vamo there's a short delay and then the screen flashes but no text appears. Stopped working overnight and definitely didn't drop it or anything. Anyone know what the problem might be or what I could try to fix it? terrible timing as both twist batteries also came apart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Happens with or without device connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

This happens with mine when the battery goes dead. Maybe your battery is done in? try another just in case maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

It does the same whether a device is connected or not. It does a kind of half flash when I press the button 5 times, then flashes 3 times after that. I also noticed that when the battery is put in it flashes 3 times instead of once

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Sounds like a short/loose connection in there

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

rickyjb wrote: »
    It does the same whether a device is connected or not. It does a kind of half flash when I press the button 5 times, then flashes 3 times after that. I also noticed that when the battery is put in it flashes 3 times instead of once[/QUOTE

On reading your post i took out my battery,put it back in and it flashed 3 times so that part is ok....sorry not much help other than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I managed to get it to turn on but it looks like there's a loose connection with the battery or something as the remaining battery reading keeps changing and it says low voltage when I try to fire it even though the resistance is above 1 (I tested a couple of devices).

Is there there a way to take it apart and clean the connectors or something or should I just contact the vendor? I wiped the battery connectors but they looked clean already, I'm guessing it's something inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

It can be taken apart using a cloth and a pipe wrench. Wrap the cloth around it at a joint and tighten the pipe wrench around the cloth and gentle start to wiggle it till it comes apart, just be careful when you take off the top cap because of the wires.
    Think there is a 30 day guarantee on them.
    Utube "vamo first impression" and its the first on the list.

Advertisement