Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick on a Monday night

• 14-04-2013 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hello everyone, were heading up to Limerick tomorrow night (4 lads). Anything on on a Monday night? Is there any pubs around with a bit of atmosphere on a Monday or is the place completely dead?? Also is there any club open late on a monday and would this be busy at all??

Any reccomandations for good bar food too about?Not too expensive.

We're all 24 so any advice is appreciated:)

And finally will there be any women out tomorrow night?:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Long_Tumbleweed.jpg

Seriously though most of the city is very quiet on a Monday night but it could be one of the college weekly student's nights out, either Mary I, UL or LIT? My student days are well behind me so I don't really have uptodate knowledge on the student scene. I'd say the only club that opens Monday nights is probably Icon in Denmark Street so the pubs around that area like Smyths, Nancy Blakes or Flanery's might have some life in them before hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Yeah Icon will have one floor open, Angel Lane will be closed afaik, which suggests its not a student night! Mollys, Nancys, Smyths will be open! Id say Smyths will have the biggest crowd of the lot!

Smyths/Icon have their 'I Love Monday' night. It can be busy as it attracts the people who work weekends. Nancy's across the road could be open too

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Costello's used to be buzzing on Mondays with the art college crowd, but most of the gang that made it their own have moved on since they graduated. Nancy's, Smyths and the Icon would be the best combo. Leave Molly's to the 1st/2nd Year college crowd.

A lot of town used to be buzzing on a Monday when Dell was around. You'd get all the weekend staff (me being one) out Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights. I miss those days. Agree with IO with mollies being for the younger crowd. Although it could have the wimmins you're looking for! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 b3mol

Icon is actually very enjoyable on Monday's as it's not that crowder. It will fill up anyway mid-time. Don't have to wait for a drink 20 minutes either :)))
    Cobblestone Joes have live music on Mondays.
    The Locke Bar - Irish music every day now
    Nancys - always busy
    You can awlways pop in to my place if You wanna watch monday soccet game and have a nice steak :) (Savoy Bar)
    And also... Mickey Martins seems to have a good buzz around 10pm

Advertisement