Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA/JSA Question for a 4th year.

Options
  • 14-04-2013 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm about to finish my degree at UL and I was wondering what happens after I finish. I've been on BTEA since first year and have signed on to Jobseeker's Allowance every summer. Am I allowed to sign back on to JSA after exams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

CJKeane wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm about to finish my degree at UL and I was wondering what happens after I finish. I've been on BTEA since first year and have signed on to Jobseeker's Allowance every summer. Am I allowed to sign back on to JSA after exams?

Yes you can sign back on after the course ends. Your BTEA usually stops on the course end date that you gave DSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

anybody know if you you work a full week as a temp,will this interfere in getting back to education when I go to try ang get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

bri007 wrote: »
    anybody know if you you work a full week as a temp,will this interfere in getting back to education when I go to try ang get it?

It shouldn't. DSP will add together periods of time on Jobseekers etc as long as there isn't a break of more than one year. So a week should be fine. Just double check with your local office or check the regulations on http://www.welfare.ie

Advertisement