Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breastfeeding room in Dundrum shopping centre

Options
  • 14-04-2013 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering is there a breastfeeding room in dundrum and if it has power sockets. Was hoping to use my mini medela electric pump when out for a few hours this week. If no sockets I'll bring baby but shopping would be much quicker for me if I could leave him with my Mum. He happily takes bottles of EBM and would be much happier not being in a maxi cosi for hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julo12

NBO wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering is there a breastfeeding room in dundrum and if it has power sockets. Was hoping to use my mini medela electric pump when out for a few hours this week. If no sockets I'll bring baby but shopping would be much quicker for me if I could leave him with my Mum. He happily takes bottles of EBM and would be much happier not being in a maxi cosi for hours.

There is a breastfeeding room there, on the mezzanine level near Monsoon from what I can remember. Not sure if it has sockets but most do as they are feeding rooms so have facilities to heat bottles too. To be safe you could call information there to ask as they directed me to the room the last time I was there?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There is a breast feeding room with access to power, it's on the gallery mall down the corridor towards the ladies toilets - same floor as monsoon and Fran and Jane, 2m if coming up in the lift opposite butlers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

There is a room, it has a microwave or bottle warmer (cant remember which, I was there for the comfy armchair) so there should definitely be sockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭uli84

Hi, I am new to all that. Are there breastfeeding rooms in other shopping centres? I ve never even thought there might be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

uli84 wrote: »
    Hi, I am new to all that. Are there breastfeeding rooms in other shopping centres? I ve never even thought there might be :)

There's ones in Stephens green.
    They're handy in theory but goodness, the one in dundrum is so awkward to get to if you're using a buggy! The only access to it is by lift in the middle of the shopping centre, and even though the lift says priority is for wheelchairs and buggies, other people still take up all the space even when it's not that busy.
    Starbucks is far easier to get to and more comfy, and if nursing isn't a good excuse to indulge in a nice drink I don't know what is :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julo12

uli84 wrote: »

There are indeed - Stephens green only has two chairs so could be busy. Blanchardstown has one down the long corridor near Clarks and DPs. 4 chairs I think so bit bigger but not as much room for buggy. Pavilions has one too. Didnt have to use it tho as went to baby cinema so plenty of feeding done there! There's a room in BTs on Grafton St which I've heard great things about but just space for one. Ikea also have feeding section in the restaurant... Plenty of options if like me ur a bit nervous of exposing yourself with a grabby wiggly baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

There's one on the top floor of House of Fraser too, by the toilets. It might be a bit quieter, but I don't know about sockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

Update: I phoned the information desk who told me that there was sockets in the baby feeding room so I went shopping without baby. Unfortunately when I got there I couldn't find the sockets and when learned that they took the sockets out for health and safety reasons. The ladies on the information desk and took me to the first aid room so I could use my electric pump. The baby feeding room is a great facility if you have your baby with you! There is a microwave and bottle warmed in the room along with comfy armchairs and water.

Advertisement