Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guinea-pig sick.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

paidi giveth and paidi taketh,hes standing up with his legs extended as in his jaw is not to the ground hes moving a lot better,no where near perfect but no where near as bad as the other day,a carrot and all the dry food is gone,and seamus was starving this morning so im assuming paidi ate them,it was never normal for me to wake up and find an empty bowl of dry food even when he was well.

things could be on the up...again!! i just hope it lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

He's such a little fighter. This whole story has me hooked. I keep coming back to check how he's getting on :) Cmon little Paidi !

Papillon! wrote: »
    He's such a little fighter. This whole story has me hooked. I keep coming back to check how he's getting on :) Cmon little Paidi !

thanks all the well wishers cant be bad for him anyway lol

he threatened me tonight,he has not nashed his teeth at me in a long time,so i suppose thats another positive{unappreciative-fecker} hes still eating like a horse. will check him again in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

At least he's feisty!

• Advertisement

still looking good,the dry food was gone again this morning. he also got through a third of a cucumber and half a huge wedge of melon.
    his ability to walk has improved 60% or 70% hes not walking far but hes steady on his feet. he is feisty alright.

even seamus seems happier. i can feel the stress lifting already lol.

edit..im feeling the vibes he has picked up before,but id imagine he would be dead or in a state by now if things were not going his way, he is two weeks in to it! so again i will dare to say..its looking good!

when i went to bed last night paidi left his house for the first time,when i woke up this morning his bedding was every where and he was lying on the ground on his side flat and lifeless next to his house unable to move with seamus tucked in to him,i thought he was dead but he wasnt,i took him in the sitting room and washed goo out of his eyes and gave him 1ml of metacam he should only get 0.2ml but hes nearly gone and i dont want him in pain. i kept him beside me for awhile but then i thought he should be with his brother. seamus is snuggled in to him now.
    im absolutely devasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I'm so sorry to hear his, he put up such a fight.
    It's so heartbreaking how short their little lives can be.
    Thinking of you and seamus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Sorry to hear that he was such a little fighter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

That's an awful relapse in 24hrs, I'm afraid to ask for any updates

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Oh no, this is terrible. Poor Paidi.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fitzg

I'm so sorry to hear of this - poor Paidi - sending thoughts to Seamus and yourself. You did everything you could for him, its so hard when things like this happen.

hes buried in the back garden i brought him to the vets. if any of you know some one with a 3 or 4 year old female,please let me know,thanks guys. seamus cant be left on his own for long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Try this lady i have no personal experience but saw a link to her rescue site on another forum, someone was recommending her for piggies.
    http://secretwoods.webs.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

So sorry to hear about Paidi. You really did the best for him all along.

There's a woman who runs a small furries sanctuary who often has piggies needing homes. I won't put up a link, but you can PM me for details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

I'm so sorry to hear about poor Paidi. Well done for doing everything possible for him since he became sick. He was very lucky to have you as his owner!

321666_358085630978993_2105712976_n.jpg

482145_513643358674305_210162227_n.jpg

paidi R.I.P

aw what a beautiful little pig, he looks very well-cared for & full of character - I'm sure he'll be in your heart forever, rip little Paidi & it was an honour to share in your story. best of luck with the pal for Seamus - maybe try the ispca? let them know you're looking, best wishes & condolences, Em

thanks fitz i left messages with the kildare animal foundation,dspca and a couple links i got here.

paidi was a top class pig he was full of affection i balled my eyes out in the vets i couldnt help it...i have to get seamus sorted now ya never no he might get a woman for the first time in his life.

• Advertisement

Aw, can't believe he's gone. He was really handsome. Sleep peacefully, little man. I hope Seamus is okay.

seamus seems to be ok i have to break him in more hes like a bull,hes the alpha male. paidi was the affectionate one,its horrible with paidi gone, even giving seamus cucumber was hard,he never really cared for it,it was always paidis fav food. im glad i didnt put him down earlier his last two days were full of feasting and a bit of exploring RIP paidster!!!!

Exactly!! and as a fellow guinea pig owner/willing servant!! I know how much their food means to them!!! Aw, I'm sure you'll miss him loads. It's good to treasure the happy memories. Keep on it with Seamus, I wonder what his fave food will be - parsley, celery and grass are my guys top snacks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I like many others have been following this thread to see how Paidi was getting on, so sorry that it ended the way it did. He seems to have had a full and happy life and you did everything you could for him OP. And at the end of the day that's all we as pet owners can hope for when the time comes.

R.I.P Paidi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

ah jesus the poor little sausage. Im so so sorry to hear but look how much you did for him. you couldnt have done any more and should be so proud of yourself :)

thanks lads,he has me fecked alright im around 300e down + a 70e eircom bill that would of normally been 40e,all for a 5e paidi,the poor little guy,i did my best for him and he was mourned by a lot of you on this,which is more than 99.9% of unlucky guineas get!

im picking up, he and seamus were were 6months old and wild when i got them they were living in a dark wet gank shed so i gave him a good life,he never went with out.

i adopted this 3 year old boar who also lost his brother too.
    600981_362513013869588_209314985_n.jpg

seamus and his new celly,lol

Yay! I hope they're getting on well.

aw, congrats! hope they get on well - I heard the boars can be hard to bond? best of luck - 2 very handsome piggies!

• Advertisement

Fitzg wrote: »
    aw, congrats! hope they get on well - I heard the boars can be hard to bond? best of luck - 2 very handsome piggies!

thats supposed to be the case fitzg,but it looks like bull crap 95% of guinea people on the net say its impossible but then i talked to a guinea lover from the north who gave me advice and its working perfect,i introduced them in a nuetral room gave them a bath together and put baby powder on theyre bums,it seem to have worked,now they are comfortable enough to sleep in the same box,when i have an extra box out,the woman i spoke too never failed to bond two boars.

i feel a lot better now that seamus has a friend lol.

Advertisement