Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student

Options
  • 14-04-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, I have applied through the CAO to attend DIT next year. I know the closing date for the CAO is the 1st of May but I was just wondering if anybody had any information on when/if mature students get called for interviews and do matures get assigned places on courses before Leaving Certificate results are announced

Any help would be great,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Got my offer in late June just before the first round of offers, well before the Leaving Cert results.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 haywire1989

Thank you. I've hear of people not getting feedback until late August. Hope I get lucky and hear something early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

The first round is offered in June or July.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

You should, I applied to four places and I've already heard back from 3. Two saying I'm accepted, 1 more interview and nothing from one.

From these under grad applications I've also received a post grad offer, which was quite surprising to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

I applied for several courses this year through CAO and UCAS and had very different experiences with both systems. I thought the UCAS system was great as the universities all contacted me around March and I was done with interviews and had offers by April. With the CAO it was much more spread out and there was about 3 months in between my first and last interviews. The problem with this is that I was given deadlines for accepting offers before I had been to all my interviews. I had to accept the offers and withdraw them at a later date. DIT were the slowest to get back to me and I didn't receive a call up for interview until early June. Although they were really fast with their reply after that, it was all a bit too late in the year in my opinion.

If you get a place, you will be notified and the official offer will come from the CAO in July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Only found out that i got my offer through the CAO round 0 if i remember correctly but have heard some people not get their offer till late august

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭phaethon

I started course last year as a mature... applied two courses - got second year place in one in June and the course that I finally choose offer in August ;).

Advertisement