Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blood on the jersey

• 14-04-2013 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

When a player has a blood injury, he has to put on a new jersey (In the PL anyway). It seems a bit silly to me that they don't have back ups for each player. Usually they get a numberless shirt or something like that.

Does anyone know if there is a reason for this? Why don't they just bring spares instead of this one extra jersey? I'm sure they could afford it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

You've little to worry about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

thecatspjs wrote: »
    When a player has a blood injury, he has to put on a new jersey (In the PL anyway). It seems a bit silly to me that they don't have back ups for each player. Usually they get a numberless shirt or something like that.

Does anyone know if there is a reason for this? Why don't they just bring spares instead of this one extra jersey? I'm sure they could afford it!

Health reasons i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

18 extra shirts per game? totally pointless tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

klose wrote: »
    Health reasons i think

Did you even the OP? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Not to mention there would be increased delay as the kit man rifles through the bag looking for the right jersey. It's a relatively rare incident that numberless jerseys don't happen too much, certainly can't recall seeing more than one occurring per team per game (that might lead to confusion).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

When Torres had a nosebleed in the Europa League there was two backup "Torres 9" jerseys there if i remember correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Each player gets two shirts per game anyway, one for each half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Is each shirt specific to a game now? Something along the lines of 'Stoke vs Man United 14-4-13' sewn onto it?

Or do you just mean bringing 18 extra shirts is pointless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Not to mention there would be increased delay as the kit man rifles through the bag looking for the right jersey. It's a relatively rare incident that numberless jerseys don't happen too much, certainly can't recall seeing more than one occurring per team per game (that might lead to confusion).

It's unlikely that more than one spare would be needed, but still a possibility. I really don't think they would just stuff all the extra shirts into a black sack together, so finding the back up shirt wouldn't waste that much time.

I'm just saying that when you look at the resources available to the clubs, bringing an extra shirt for each player wouldn't present that much of a problem. It's one of those things that probably won't matter until there's a case of there being more bloody jerseys than there are available back ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Thats what Alan Kelly's magic marker is for

2011-09-06_1238.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

More of a problem in women's football really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

what I often wondered is where do all the jerseys go?

Like, they have about 50 games a season. New jersey (maybe even 2) per player per game.

500 jerseys a season....where do they all go?

And its not like they re-wear them, cos you see the odd spelling mistake in players names i.e. new printing, new jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Like, they have about 50 games a season. New jersey (maybe even 2) per player per game.

And its not like they re-wear them, cos you see the odd spelling mistake in players names i.e. new printing, new jersey

charity

but do they?

20 teams, 500 games - 10,000 jerseys a season going to charity from the premier league alone?? (thats probably HORRIBLE maths as the teams play each other #passmaths)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samir-Nasri-Match-Worn-Manchester-City-Football-Jersey-Soccer-Game-Used-Shirt-/160907304813?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2576d29f6d

so they end up on ebay for 600dollars each?

How the hell does that happen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Each player gets two shirts per game anyway, one for each half.

If they need to change at HT then they probably need a 3rd one then for blood...:rolleyes:

Advertisement