Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual monitor

Options
  • 14-04-2013 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping someone can help, I'm using a HP Pavilion DV6 Windows 7 and I'm trying to connect it to a 2nd monitor, a DELL E178FP.

The monitor shows up in my Device Manager under Monitors and also in the NVIDIA Control Panel as my 2nd monitor, but no display. The monitor just goes to sleep mode as soon as the VGA cable is connected.

The monitor works fine once connected to my wifes laptop (Win7 also), and my laptop wont connect to the tv, but hers will.

I do use the HDMI to connect to the TV on occasion so my laptop does duplicate/extend display, but not via the VGA port.

Is there any way to ensure that it's set as an output? It's detecting the monitor and drivers are installed.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Try Fn + F7 to toggle between displays.

Usually 3 steps, internal only, external only or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭whizbang

On your keyboard, maybe F4,F6 or F8, look for a symbol that looks like a monitor/display.

On my HP its the F4 key in blue. Hold Fn Button (blue Also) and press this key, a couple of times. Wait a few seconds after each press.
    If your laptop display goes, dont panic, just keep pressing until your displays do what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

I have tried this setting both duplicate and extend but to no avail. Only works with a HDMI cable not the VGA.

Advertisement