Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend decent travel cot?

Options
  • 14-04-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Our little man is 3 months and we need a good travel cot.The in laws live down south so we tend to visit them every few weeks.Quite like the ones with a raised bassinet although he's 14 pounds now so may be too heavy for it.Saw this on smyths site-
    http://www.toys.ie/Graco-Contour-Electra-!108187-prd.aspx
    Don't know if its good or bad,no reviews of it on their site

Anyone recommend a good one?And were did you buy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I have this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007K7K1AA/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1365963079&sr=8-3&pi=SL75

I bought it from amazon.de (it was cheaper than the uk site) and I love it. It's available in various colours too.
    I was bringing my little one to work with us from 4 months and so bought this for her to sleep in and then as a play pen as she got older.
    She's in creche now but I still use it at home as a playpen when necessary (she's 16 months)
    The raised bassinet was very handy when she was younger as was the changing mat (both recommended for use up to 9kg)

I also bought an additional mattress as I found the base a bit hard for when she was very young, but that seems to be the case with any of the travel cots family or friends have bought.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The graco one is very good as is the fisher price rain forest one.
    We have a boots own brand one with the changer and bassinet and it is very good too but if they were all the same price I love the fisher price one that we have in the grandparents house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Find the graco contour fab!!!! Both at bassinet level & regular cot level.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Love the Graco contour also. My lady slept in the bassinet until approx 8 months old and then moved down to the regular base. The changing table can be used up to 12 months old. Its a great sturdy cotthat folds up very neatly & has a toy bar. I did buy a mattress for it and used it with the bassinet as it is quite hard otherwise. Now used as a playpen & for daytime naps.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Agree with above,we have the Graco contour in each of grandparents houses and would recommend it. My little man uses it as a playpen also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Graco compact we share between 5 cousins. Very good. Folds well. Get an extra foam mattress for a bit more comfort in it if you like.

Advertisement