Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible Secret

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

This will only end in tears.

The OP may be sacked if they get wind he knows, which will be totally unfair IMO. Perhaps the OP should join a trade union, if he is sacked unfairly they have good labour relations lawyers that will ensure his rights are protected. Most unions have a monthly subscription, not a lot of money, but will give you some peace of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

That won't be worth a lot if the business implodes as a result of the wife finding out. Which in a worst case scenario could happen. For the OP's sake she needs to get another job and get out of there ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I would proactively start looking for a job and going for interviews as a matter of urgency. Not by thought, word or deed would I let on that you know anything about the affair and I'd stop going for after work drinks as well. Don't engage in any way with K outside the bare minimum and be as polite and friendly as ever to your boss (who is paying your wages).

Once you've got a new job and are settled then you can look at this situation again and decide what to do (if anything) but until then, keep the head down and look for another job.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Wonkagirl

They clearly want to get caught, and clearly know you know.
    They may even WANT you to be the whistleblower. Do not oblige, keep your dignity and rise above it. Try and find another job and get the hell out of this Eastenders workforce. For all you know they could be having a 3some in the family home at this rate, and if not, I'm quite sure the wife knows and must be turning a blind eye.

Given Ks record, I'd say all 3 of them are RIDDLED at this stage, chlamydia coming through the concrete in that gaff

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

I'd go to my boss, tell him I know what he's doing with K and then demand more money otherwise I'm telling his wife everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'd go to my boss, tell him I know what he's doing with K and then demand more money otherwise I'm telling his wife everything.

That's not a good idea. That is blackmail. Illegal. And likely to backfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

That's not a good idea. That is blackmail. Illegal. And likely to backfire.

I never said it was a good idea! Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

MadMardegan

please take some time to read our charter, the site faq and recall the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you signed up here.
    PI is a strictly moderated forum and we take all of the above very seriously. Suggesting to someone to break the law is not permitted here and if repeated may result in an immediate ban - that is how seriously we view this.

Regards
    Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

This exact situation happened to me. I would advise you to say nothing. They are big boys and girls. In fact i wouldn't give it another thought just go about your business. The situation will resolve itself.

Advertisement