Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appreciate comments on this potential Calf Tattoo

Options
  • 14-04-2013 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭

Hi

Was thinking of this Anarchy symbol for the back of my Calf...so essentially on seem from behind!

It reflects my growing up in the years 1974-1978 and my choice of music that I still listen to.

I would be looking at a BLACK font - not the red as show here. Also - no script or surround... just the symbol A in the circle!

Just interested in what you all think of it... don't want something that would offend etc...

Thanks
    Anarchy.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

I can't see any reason not to, to be honest. You may have people thinking it's cliched (as the anarchy logo is everywhere, damn kids), but that's just a matter of whether you care or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

You mean like this? It works well as a tattoo because it is a logo format, but as has been said, it's very common. If that doesn't bother you, go right ahead. Should be easy enough for most artists to do a good job on, and won't need much touching up over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think it could look particularly well if you got a good artist to do it like it's spray painted on, or roughly painted on (so that the ends of the strokes show the brush pattern/running out of paint look)

Depends really on the style that you would like!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Thanks Cavehill,,,exactly like that!!

Only worried that the RED would fade quickly!! Hence going with Black!! Yours would be bigger than what I was thinking of for my calf!

Jeez... I never thought that that symbol would have been that popular!!

Any other good Punk logos out there that u know o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

It's simple block colouring so the colour could be touched up after a few years easily enough. Black would fade too, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

It's a pretty popular image, I know several people with the anarchy sign tattooed onto themselves.

Like Damo said, getting it done in a rough-ish brush stroke kind of way, by a good artist, would look good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I think it would work well , it looks very blunt and looks like it would stand out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Just wondering if anyone any further thoughts on that Anarchy Tattoo.

Was looking at similar (and wife's name starts with A) and so was interested in a similar design....

But haven't seen anything to catch my eye on the net.

Would a Tattoo Artist have access to better inspiration on such a design???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Yes, any good tattoo artist would be happy to work with you on making it look just the way you want it, and sketch it out with you a few times.

In fact, if they're not willing to attempt a few pre-sketches with your personal input then you should walk away and find a better artist.

Advertisement