Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs with Spanish

• 14-04-2013 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am a Secondary Teacher of French and Spanish. Have lived in Spain and have a good command of the language. My q is are there any jobs in Ireland for non natives? The teaching is not going anywhere fast in terms of job prospects/security.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Konvict

So am I correct in guessing you're French? I'm not a teacher, but gather that teaching jobs in Ireland are few and far between at the moment, but perhaps if you have good experience you may get a shot. More info might be more useful for others with more knowledge than I.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nineteen

It's tough for secondary teachers at the moment but keep sending out CVs as the staff turnover is constant and unfortunately not all schools advertise enough - they may advertise for short periods of time or they may already have made a decision.
    Your best bet is to call to schools in person and show them how great a candidate you are and how you interested you are in their school. Do your research, what is the school focused on? Sport? Academics?
    And most of all, keep networking and making friends in the field.
    Best of luck.

Advertisement