Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair Battery Box for Fisher Price Swing Chair

Options
  • 14-04-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct place to post. If not if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Basically we got a loan of a Fisher Price DwellStudio Swing Chair. When we got it we switched it on and it was fine. We then took it apart and put it away until the little one arrived.

During the week I put it together and it wouldn't turn on so I opened it up thinking the batteries needed to be changed. When I opened it I found that batteries (not the ones currently in it) must have leaked at some point before it was given to us.

This has caused the springs where the baterries go to rust and one of them has broken off so the unit is not working.

Anyone any ideas what to do? Is there anywhere that could fix it? The model was discontinued in 2010 and the OH is dreading telling the owner its broken even though we are not to blame.

Is there anywhere that fixes this kind of thing or anyone know where I might get a replacement battery box? Cheers...

Pics Below:

fpswing.jpg

batteries1.jpg

batteries2h.jpg

batteris3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

I fixed something in a lot worse state state with paperclips before

http://www.imhdd.ms11.net/TVCLIPS/tvclips.html

Alternatively you can buy replacement battery boxes in maplins - or on ebay

http://www.maplin.co.uk/d-size-battery-holders-31429

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Having opened it up I don't think i would be able to do it. I can't figure out how to disconnect the battery box from the motherboard without cutting the wires.

The metal parts are glued into the bottom of the battery box and there is no clear way to disconnect the wires from the motherboard.

Anyone know anywhere that would fix should a thing? Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

anyone relatively handy with basic electronics should be able to sort this for you - does the circuit board come out ? - if so you could take this along with the battery compartment to yur local mechanic or maybe a phone shop - just check in advance.

The link I gave you looks like maplin stock the battery boxes - so the other option would be to bring it in there if the board comes out and ask them - a first year elec engineering student could probablly fix it in a few minutes for you

If the wires are soldered to the motherboard then they can be snipped and reconnected if needs be if your replacing the battery box - which is probably the easiest thing for someone to do.

Advertisement