Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Student Accommodation for First Years

Options
  • 14-04-2013 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi I'm hoping to go to AIT in September for Veterinary Nursing. I'm from Cork and know nothing about AIT accommodation so I'm hoping for a bit of hands on advice. I've checked the online list of student housing but its a bit daunting when I've no idea which is the best one:/ Any bit of advice and tips would be greatly appreciated:) Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Hey, I've *lived* or rather *stayed* in some of them over the past two years here. Croi Oige apartment complex is basic enough, a little pricy considering you have to pay most of your bills upfront at the start (rent, bins...not too sure about esb). And of course you're faced with the problem of people walking by drunk making noise on their way to Genisis (the nightclub up the road from the college) so if you're looking at here try and get a house at the back end away from the road if you want peace and quiet (but sure that may be hard to find living in a student complex anyway, who knows). However it's alright accommodation.

Valley Court is a nice little spot. I've found that to be a lovely little place last, and this year.

Cypress Gardens is another nice spot, and somewhat closer to the nursing block than the other two. Again something to look into.

If you're looking for a price range I would say anywhere between €50 and €65 a week is reasonable enough for a single room, doubles in my experience tend to be charged higher. Check how frequent the Landlord buys oil...it can really sting you when the Landlord just "decides" to get oil and expects you to come up with the money in next weeks / months rent.

Advertisement